Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Browning Hydro-Fleece vs. Cabelas MT050 >

Browning Hydro-Fleece vs. Cabelas MT050

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Browning Hydro-Fleece vs. Cabelas MT050

Old 09-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Spike

Default Browning Hydro-Fleece vs. Cabelas MT050

I am in the market for some gore tex rain gear. Ive narrowed down to Browning Hydro-Fleece and Cabela' s MT050. Price aside, what are your experiences with both/either of these? I had decided on the Browning but then speaking with Cabelas live help, they say the MT050 is identical only more durable. I would expect them to talk up their brand tho so I thought Id pose the question to all of you.

Things such as weight and noise are issues btw the two as well if you have comments on that too.

Thanks

D
Old 09-05-2003, 03:07 PM

Default RE: Browning Hydro-Fleece vs. Cabelas MT050

I have owned the Browning Hydro-Fleece 4-in-1 parka and bibs for about 5 years now. They are absolutely quiet, waterproof and warm. As fas as durability goes, they have withstood 5 seasons deer hunting in the swamps and woods of northern Wisconsin perfectly. I don' t know abut the cabela' s...have never tried them, I just know the Browning is top notch.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own both. The Browing Hydro-fleece Blaze camo for gun season and the Cabela' s MT050 Whitetail Extreme parka in Mossy Oak Break-up for bowhunting.
I love the attached hood much better on the MT050 parka than the hood on the Browning, which is a zip off style. The Browning' s hood fastens in the front by buttons, and hinders your aim with a gun!! Both parka' s are warm as toast, no complaints with either one, the thinsulate insulation and the Gore-Tex lining are awesome for keeping you warm and dry!! I do want to pick up a pair of pants in the MT050 style, I wear wool pants with the Browning coat!! If I had to do it all over again, I' d get the cabela' s whitetail extreme and then pick up Blaze vest to wear during the gun seasons!! Cheaper than buying two seperate coats!!
Old 09-08-2003, 02:40 AM

For those of you that have these, do you think that they' d be too much for a low temperature range of maybe 10 - 20 degrees farenheit?
Old 09-12-2003, 02:27 AM

not at all I hunt in michigan with Browning Hydro-Fleece in dec. and stayed warm but i had on long under wair to

it was -5 * F out and snowing

got the suit 2 years ago and dont know how i made it with out it
Old 09-12-2003, 05:46 PM

Thanks! I was worried that this might be too warm for early season hunting. Luckily Cabelas' has a parka with a removable liner. The built in layers. Can' t beat that!
Old 09-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

I have a pair of the Cabela' s Gore-tex rain pants and the MT050 bibs they have preform well for two seasons. I like the wider straps and adjustable cuff snaps on the cabela' s bibs over the Browning.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Spike

Have used Hydro-Fleece 4-1 parka and bibs for 5 yrs.Sat in a climber in Ohio for 4 hrs at 15 degrees.Worked like a charm...
Old 09-17-2003, 03:08 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have been using the MTO50 for the past 6 seasons and couldn' t be happier. It still looks as new as the day I bought it. It withstood 14 days of rain in Alaska, 14 days of rain and snow in the Rockies and everything in between. It is lightweight and very durable. I predominately bowhunt and it is quiet enough for that. I know Browning makes excellent products but the MT050 would be hard to top.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:51 AM

Glad I found this thread. I also have been looking for some new all weather gear and had it narrowed down between the Browning Hydro-Fleece 4-in-1 and the MT50 extreme white tail. After reading Maytom' s post my mind was made up and I ordered the MT50 yesterday. Thanks for the good info

Quick Reply: Browning Hydro-Fleece vs. Cabelas MT050

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.