Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Choosing a pack.  Kifaru/Eberlestock >

Choosing a pack. Kifaru/Eberlestock

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Choosing a pack. Kifaru/Eberlestock

Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Spike

Default Choosing a pack. Kifaru/Eberlestock

I know this topic has been tossed around plenty of times. I've been trying to research both of the companies packs for over a month now and frankly I don't know which way is up any more.

Currently the two packs I'm looking at are the kifaru spike camp and the Eberlestock X2. I hunt in the Northeast, most reviews I see are for out west and I don't plan on packing out elk anytime soon. Yes, I know we have them in PA. The pack would serve dual purpose as both a turkey and deer pack as well as use with rifle/shotgun/bow. I have the funds for both but I also don't need to spend it all either. I'm hoping someone might have been in my current position at some point and could lend a hand.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the X3 better;

http://www.lintonoutdoors.com/produc...Drag-Pack.html
Old 03-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Spike

Very cool. I looked over that one due to the scabbard but I kinda like it from looking at other pics of it. I had looked at the X1 but passed it for the same reason.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

dont have a kif but i do have an eberle, very nice pack, well thought out and lots of features
Old 03-07-2012, 05:10 AM
Spike

Found a Badlands 2200 for $150, so I picked one up.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Spike

I really like the Eberlestock line. I have a couple of friends that have Kifaru, and they are not bad. But we are those "westerner's" packing out Elk too. Eberlestock seems to have a nice fit, and well thought out. I have several Badlands as well. I have been using my Eberlestock now for bow, rifle, deer and Elk. One nice thing that I don't think Kifaru does is that the Eberlestocks shoulder straps are wide and not as thick. So they are still comfortable, but if you need to throw your rife up to shoot, there is not an excess amount of padding on it to make the gun feel way off your shoulder.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PAdean
Found a Badlands 2200 for $150, so I picked one up.
Enjoy! Keep us posted!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Spike

I have not tried the Kifaru line, never even seen it up close.

I am looking at the built in rifle scabbard of the Eberlestock pack. I like the Eberlestock Gunslinger model. I may buy that one.

But I am also considering the Badlands brand. Any one use that one?

Last edited by Pearl08; 04-28-2012 at 06:42 AM.