Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Game Camera Advise needed....

Old 01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Spike

I have Moultries (1) IR 40, (2)IR55 all great on batteries good pic's and video, (2) Moultrie M-100's great pic's and video,but they loves batteries, (4) Bushnell Trail Cams great pic's, videos and great on batteries. Had one of the Bushnell's go to rapid shot with pink daytime photos, sent back to Bushnell, received a brand new camera all said in less than three weeks. Bushnell also gave me 45% off of any of their products for my trouble. Sometimes, great deals on cams on ebay
Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

I would recommend bushnell cameras... I recently purchased a bushnell and just from playing with it in ny yard to acclimate myself to the cameras setting the pics are excellent, trigger speed is decent, and it has multiple settings for both camera and video.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

moultrie m80 nuff said
Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Spike

Default Gem Camera

Last week I purchased three cameras to use and test in search for what works. After much review of trail cam test results on trigger speed and recovery time I was torn between Bushnell and DLC. I wanted to try at least one cam that would text pics to my phone and I was liking the $10 a month charge DLC offered. Much better than what I was paying for Moultries service.
The Reconyx Pc 800 was a selection also. Along with energizer rechargeable batteries.
The testing has begun!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Spike

Default This site is awesome

Check out this site for all your trail cam info: TrailCamPro.com

It is a fantastic site for anybody looking to buy a trailcam.

With that said, I too am looking to buy a trail cam for the first time this year and I believe I have settled for the moultrie IR55, budsgunshop has them online for $95 about $110 taxed and delivered....give or take a little. I cant find them much cheaper than that.

Last edited by BigShep; 07-14-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

+1 onmoultrie m80
Old 07-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by massman
moultrie m80 nuff said
x2.
I can't say I've tried every cam on the market but I got 2 of these last year and am very impressed. Paid $110 each. The battery life is awesome using lithium batteries. Picture quality is good and the night IR really lights up the night. When I buy cams the two main things i look for are battery life and night range. This m80 happens to be great in both areas. I've been wanting to try other cams but have a hard time switching when the M80's have not failed me yet. Good luck
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Game Chaser
Last week I purchased three cameras to use and test in search for what works. After much review of trail cam test results on trigger speed and recovery time I was torn between Bushnell and DLC. I wanted to try at least one cam that would text pics to my phone and I was liking the $10 a month charge DLC offered. Much better than what I was paying for Moultries service.
The Reconyx Pc 800 was a selection also. Along with energizer rechargeable batteries.
The testing has begun!

I'm with GameChaser on this one, I have had very good luck with Bushnell and the DLC Covert cameras. I'm the type that tries to find the best quality camera for the lowest cost. I've had very good luck with the Bushnells IR's that use AA's in the past, and I bought a DLC Covert Reveal (white flash and also uses AA's) 5MP, loved it, so a few months later bought the DLC Covert Deuce with white flash and IR in one camera option, also love it. Now looking to get the new DLC Covert Reveal 8.0 MP. With tax and shipping never paid over $150 for the DLC Coverts.

I've used Moultrie for years with great success, and like the white flash rather than the IR (personal preference to color photos) but the only downfall was using D-Cell batteries. They now have the small IR cameras that use AA's and I have friends that say they work great.

I've also used Tasco, WildGame, Stealth, LeafRiver, CuddeBack, and some others (would not recomend any of these), but my favorite is the DLC Covert Deuce. 8 AA batties lasted months (taking white flash photos, set to go off every minute)

Last edited by huntinyoung; 07-19-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Spike

check out sportsmans guide, they have REFURBISHED cuddy backs for around 130$,
Old 07-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have never tried them but a guy i work with uses the primos and really likes them .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.