HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Where can I get cheap but good hunting gear? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/352704-where-can-i-get-cheap-but-good-hunting-gear.html)

brendon02 11-04-2011 01:35 AM

Where can I get cheap but good hunting gear?

I live in Michigan and I need hunting gear cheap and will keep me dry and warm.

ADVWannabee 11-04-2011 04:06 AM

I don't know what you consider cheap, but I have been buying Bass Pro's Redhead brand lately. It isn't dirt cheap, but it is a heck of a lot cheaper than Under Armor and Scentlok. My best investment to date was a coat they have by Arctic Shield. It has a silver lining in it that is suppose to reflect back the heat so you stay warm without it being a heavy, bulky coat. It seems to work as advertised. My other investment was a pair of Field & Stream insulated bib overalls. I don't know how I hunted so many years without them. I use to go in the woods with long john pants and a pair of hunting pants and freeze. Now when it gets cold I wear the bibs and I can stay warm in some really cold weather. I got those at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Major Woods 11-04-2011 04:19 AM

I use to get my gear at the Army/Navy store when I first started working. The used stuff is cheap and get me in the woods when money was a concern

Terasec 11-04-2011 05:30 AM

Army surplus is how I started,
For cold weather I would consider a 1 piece suit,
So not spending seperately on pants and jacket.
Can layer underneath to match the weather.
For waterproofing pack a poncho
And a pair of gators,
In michigan will probably get lots of use out of some gators
Keep it simple and you will add to it over time as your needs arise

afd33 11-04-2011 08:13 PM

I know it's local (Green Bay, WI) but there's a store here called Joe Bargain Hunter they got a lot of stuff pretty cheap. Name brands, not name brands, and everything in between. Today I bought a good heavy jacket and some insulated bibs for basically the price of one of them. Might not be a great brand name and scent lock and whatever but i don't care it'll keep me warm.

What I'm getting at I guess is that you should just check around for some similar stores in your area. Get a phone book, google search or something and see what pops up.

stormin1563 11-05-2011 06:48 AM

cheaperthandirt.com and sportsmansguide.com They both have alot of quality stuff and extremely affordable

chma 11-26-2011 04:08 PM

I have had good luck with Cabelas Late season bibs and parka you can get the set for around 300 chad

rlpsystems 11-27-2011 05:22 AM

Cabelas bargain cave. Best place to go. Only place I buy gear from.

Whitetailaddict13 11-27-2011 07:59 AM

honestly dont skimp too much on your gear, you get what you pay for. but, sportsmansguide has quality discount products.

rubyliping 12-01-2011 06:05 PM

I live in Michigan and I need hunting gear cheap and will keep me dry and warm.