Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Where can I get cheap but good hunting gear? >

Where can I get cheap but good hunting gear?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Where can I get cheap but good hunting gear?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Spike

Default Where can I get cheap but good hunting gear?

I live in Michigan and I need hunting gear cheap and will keep me dry and warm.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know what you consider cheap, but I have been buying Bass Pro's Redhead brand lately. It isn't dirt cheap, but it is a heck of a lot cheaper than Under Armor and Scentlok. My best investment to date was a coat they have by Arctic Shield. It has a silver lining in it that is suppose to reflect back the heat so you stay warm without it being a heavy, bulky coat. It seems to work as advertised. My other investment was a pair of Field & Stream insulated bib overalls. I don't know how I hunted so many years without them. I use to go in the woods with long john pants and a pair of hunting pants and freeze. Now when it gets cold I wear the bibs and I can stay warm in some really cold weather. I got those at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

I use to get my gear at the Army/Navy store when I first started working. The used stuff is cheap and get me in the woods when money was a concern
Old 11-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

Army surplus is how I started,
For cold weather I would consider a 1 piece suit,
So not spending seperately on pants and jacket.
Can layer underneath to match the weather.
For waterproofing pack a poncho
And a pair of gators,
In michigan will probably get lots of use out of some gators
Keep it simple and you will add to it over time as your needs arise
Old 11-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Spike

I know it's local (Green Bay, WI) but there's a store here called Joe Bargain Hunter they got a lot of stuff pretty cheap. Name brands, not name brands, and everything in between. Today I bought a good heavy jacket and some insulated bibs for basically the price of one of them. Might not be a great brand name and scent lock and whatever but i don't care it'll keep me warm.

What I'm getting at I guess is that you should just check around for some similar stores in your area. Get a phone book, google search or something and see what pops up.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Spike

cheaperthandirt.com and sportsmansguide.com They both have alot of quality stuff and extremely affordable
Old 11-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have had good luck with Cabelas Late season bibs and parka you can get the set for around 300 chad
Old 11-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Cabelas bargain cave. Best place to go. Only place I buy gear from.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

honestly dont skimp too much on your gear, you get what you pay for. but, sportsmansguide has quality discount products.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Spike

I live in Michigan and I need hunting gear cheap and will keep me dry and warm.

Last edited by JW; 12-01-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.