HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   What is the best ATV on the market? And why? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/35269-what-best-atv-market-why.html)

outdoor338 08-14-2003 05:38 PM

What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

What do you think is the best ATV on the market and why? Is it it' s power, cost, brand name, tell me AND WHY?

stubblejumper 08-14-2003 07:13 PM

RE: What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

This would depend entirely on you use for the atv.For trail riding I like the honda rincon as it rides and handles very well and is quite light for a 650.It also has a real automatic transmission instead of a belt drive.I use my atv for working and prefer the honda rubicon because of it' s dual range hydrostatic transmission.Hondas also seem to be the leaders in reliability where atv' s are concerned.

JagMagMan 08-15-2003 08:27 AM

I can' t really say what the best ATV for you would be. I think for most purposes, a Honda Rancher, or Foreman would do just about whatever you need to do.
Unless you work with one almost daily, I don' t really see the need of something as large as the Rincon.
As far as the different brands, whatever you get, get a Honda! You will never look back!

cball 08-15-2003 11:20 AM

Honda,, Because there reliable.I have a 97 -300 4x4 that gets ridden almost every day and It' s not gave a minutes trouble.It' s only been ridden by adults. Teen agers ,I should say some teenagers could tear up any 4 wheeler.A 17 year old neighbor boy bought a new Yamaha racing type 4 wheeler this spring and it' s ruined already all the fenders are busted, the tires are smooth and the engine' s shot.

Ruger-Redhawk 08-15-2003 02:57 PM

I' m not saying they are the best but I have a Polaris 97 Sportsman 500 and have been quite satisfied with it.I was thinking about getting a Kawi.Mule.After looking at their prices my Polaris will do just fine.I keep hearing about Polaris and the belt drive.Except for the belt slapping the cover once in awhile I' ve had no problems with the belt drive.
Ruger Redhawk

Josh_E 08-15-2003 04:12 PM

does anyone have any experience with the artic cats?? or suzuki?? i would like a 4 wheeler with independent suspension and looking to see whats the best per consumers view..

stubblejumper 08-15-2003 05:46 PM

Josh-Almost every company has a quad with independent suspension front and rear.

WIbucksniper 08-15-2003 08:53 PM

I have a 2001 artic cat 500 . I have yet to have a problem with it, only been stuck once. It does have one of the highest if not the highest rack capacities there is. It is how ever not a fast machine (52 mph tops) but thats not what i was looking for. I do have friends with Hondas a I have to say they are a top notch machine also. I would say most of the atv' s are in general like every thing else, everyone has a brand and all the brands could have problems. Try them all and just get what you like.

Have 2 Hunt 08-15-2003 11:59 PM

Honda, There is no substitute:D

hondaman 08-16-2003 10:19 AM

Honda. They are built like the old school tonka toys!