Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 What is the best ATV on the market? And why? >

What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

Old 12-01-2003, 07:54 PM

Default RE: What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

Thank God there is someone else out there (LAbushman), who has a small utility atv and is happy with it. I have a 2001 Yamaha bear tracker, new version of the timberwolf, and am happy with it. In almost three years it has yet failed to start or get me and my seed and fertilizer to the woods or me and my deer back to camp. It was the best value for the money that i could afford and i havent regretted it yet. The guys i hunt with all have king quads,foremans,grizzleys or kodiaks, but they rareley need much more than the machine i have. As far as " the best" atv, do your homework,decide what you need and shop around. Good luck and keep ' em shiny side up.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Almost any 4x4 quad will work for deer hunting in my area but to haul out elk and moose a 350cc or larger 4x4 does a much better job.The smaller units don' t have the power or traction to drag such large animals in rough conditions.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:11 AM

Hey people,how ya dooin

Don' t know much about all the extras on 4 wheelers,I have a 1990 trailboss 250
sometimes i need to tighten the chain,it rattles, smokes,smells bad.and is a little loose jointed,But it starts in the rain,snow.summer heat. It has dragged out 150+ deer in its lifetime,taken the kids for rides, and pulled the boat around, it set me back 2250.00, still going strong,the best wheeler is the one that gives you the best memories, i don' t have a dog so this seems to be mans best friend. Im sure you all have had good times on whatever your riding. Don' t worry about what the neighbors have just enjoy yours.

Mayormike [8D]
Old 12-06-2003, 07:29 PM

I started out with a Suzuki 125. Too small and a few years later got a 250 Quad. Good machine, but shop maintenance started to cost a fortune. Then I went to a Yamaha Big Bear 350. Toughest machine of all of them. JUst now I decided I needed a new one and got the BB 400. Steering that fulltime 4X4 is getting to be work and opted for the 400 with 2+ 4 wheel drive. It is used about 5% for hunting, and the other 95% for farm work. Did look at the Grizzly, but the shops around here say they spend most of their time fixing the autos. The dealer did state that the Big Bear was the work horse of their entire line. The one feature I like on the new one? The gas gauge! Maybe I will quit running out of gas, I keep forgetting to look in the tank. LOL

Russ
Old 12-10-2003, 12:40 PM

My Dad has sold the Artic Cat since they first came out and, has sold Suzuki's for the past 5 years. They are both great ATV's. In fact I still have the orignal artic cat 2x4 and it still runs great. A little info on them, is that suzuki make the motor for artic cats and other parts. I just recently purchased a Kawasaki Mule 4x4, and love the damn thing. If you want a vehicle that will a haul practically any size animal and 2 people, the Mule should be your choice. I have even pushed a car out of the mud in the thing. I can't say enough about them. They are a little steep in price, but worthit, especially if you have land, and you use it on a regular basis. If not, Suzuki and Artic cats are very reliable.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:51 AM

Has anyone who ownes a Yamaha Grizzly, have many problems with it, mine is a 2000, and the idle is so bad, just wondering if anyone else has had a problem.

Dr. Mike
Old 12-13-2003, 03:24 PM

I love to hunt and nobody in my family hunts at all i have talked my dad into buying me a 4-wheeler i want 4x4 under 5000$ to hunt and just ridewhat is the best ?
Old 12-20-2003, 04:33 PM

Any opinions on the 2003 Grizzlys, good. bad indifferent, have you heard of any problems.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 2003's had problems with fuel boiling and vaporlocks as well as breaking cv joints.It looks as though the 2004's have been improved to resolve these problems.You might try www.atvnation.com www.atvconnection.com www.atvtime.com and search the yamaha sections.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:44 AM
yoz

I have a 1986 HONDA trx 300 4X4 and it still runs great always starts in hte cold. What more can I say.

Quick Reply: What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.