Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 What is the best ATV on the market? And why? >

What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

Old 09-10-2003, 08:49 PM

Default RE: What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

Try a tomcar www.tomcar.com This thing is awesome!
Old 09-11-2003, 04:19 AM

I' m surprised no-one has said Kawasaki P650 yet!
I' ll start I bought for 2 reasons First was My 400 was stolen and they don' t make them anymore They went to a 360 AND I wasn' t goin smaller!

Second It was BIG! I had to have it and it came Camo' d[:-]
AL
Old 09-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Spike

Ok, question, is a 4x4 necessary or will a 4x2 be all you need. Thanks
Old 09-12-2003, 10:21 AM

Everyone knows Soarkrebel' s " so called honda" is really a polaris in a honda suit, he just wants to be like his friends so he had to hide his polaris.

Now we had this topic just a few months ago and we proved POLARIS to be # 1. []Unless of coarse you are comparing ATVs to kiddy go-carts(polaris to honda). There is a reason no one is mentioning su-sucky or cow-a-sucky it is because they are made from recycled junk. Lets not leave out Yama-hahahahahaha well that is just self explaining.[>:]

Now for you guys that own anything besides a Polaris (" sorry" )there is a way you can get some of your wasted money back. It' s called metal recycling take your foreign junker down to the local dump and sell it for scrap(the only way to get your money back). When you get rid of the foreigner(illegal imigrant) staying in your garage go get yourself the real thing" POLARIS" . Now don' t let your girl friends decide for you or else you' ll wind up with another girlly machine[]. Once you get the real deal you might want to be carefull because this machine will actually be able to go places. So at first take your time and get use to what a real ATV is like.[:-]

Damn I should have sold Polaris for a living......, Oh that' s right they sell them selfs[8D]
Old 09-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Model722-Polaris riders are experts at identifying the rear ends of honda quads.They get a lot of practise while the hondas are towing them home.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:06 PM

All of the manufactures make some fine quads now.

First N.America
Bombardier is heavy and ugly but tough.
Polaris has the most features. They have not always been the most reliable but have improved greatly over the last 10 yrs.
Now the Japs.
Honda has a reputation for reliabelity (I have never seen data to prove it). It also has the fewest feature. Very utilitarian.
Yamaha has the largest selection of quads. It also will boil the gas in the fuel tank on the Kodia and Grizzly. It happens often enough to keep me off of them.
Suzuki is very underated. They make some of the ' flashyest' utilty quads today. But flashy is not what is needed by hunters.
Kawasaki offers a limited line. The Prairie650 is hands down the best utility quad for trail riding. It need IRS to make it anything else. The 360 is underpowered.

I own a 2001 Prairie 300. Everyone else has told you they own the ' best' quad ever made. I will not. It is a good quad, but not the best. It has been reliably and has never run out of power but if I was to replace it I would get a Polaris 500HO.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Spike

just acquired a new Polaris Sportsman 500.Wouldn' t trade it for anything.But i think all manufacturers make good quality machines.My only suggestion would be to NOT buy a model that' s only been out for less than 2 years.They' re still working the bugs out of them.As for 4x4....it' s nice to have when you need it.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know guys I' ve been thinking. We' ve been awful childish debating or arguing over which is the best 4 wheeler.They are all quality machines for the most part.Some people can' t afford the top of the line.I explained in my one earlier reply why I picked a Polaris.If it wasn' t for my slight handicap I probably would have went with a Honda.As long as people are satisfied with whatever 4 wheeler they own ,that should be fine with us.They all have features different from other makes and models.Some are good and some aren' t.You could get a 4 wheeler made by Mercedes Benz( I know they don' t make them) but if they did if the owner abuses it and neglects the servcing of it there will be problems.Anything that is cared for will last allot longer then one neglected.Yes I like my Polaris. I' m not saying it' s the best although it has been a good 4 wheeler.In today' s market if these companies don' t keep up with the improvements made in 4 wheelers thay won' t be in business long.Since Honda, Polaris, Yamaha, Kawaski,Suzuki and others are still around they must be doing something right don' t you think?
Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-16-2003, 01:08 PM

I have a Polaris Sportsman 400 and I would not take anything for it. It is a 2001 model and the only time it has been in the shop is when my 13 yera old daughter hit a oak tree and flipped it over. The only thing that it broke was the throttle switch. I had to pull a Honda out of a mud hole this past Sun. One that I had just gone through. Anything brand that you but will have a few machines that will have some problems. It is just like automobiles

Quick Reply: What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.