Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best thermal underwear???

Old 05-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Spike

Walking in w/ UA is fine. Sitting in a stand for a few hours in the UA doesn't get the job done. Unless, I'm in my Heavy Cabelas Suits. I spent the crazy money, and the new technology hasn't worked out for me. At 6'2" and 270lbs. it's not like I'm a little guy that gets cold easily.

I'm going back to old school fleece. I can't afford to waste a good hunting day being cold.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:46 AM
Spike

Default Thermal underwear

Hello for everyone

http://www.green-rose.uk.com/merino-...wear-for-women
recently I tried this thermal underwear. Now I can say that it has really good quality, softness and other best features you can try it for sure
Old 03-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think there are many women on this website, but if any of the guys have wives that hunt that might be a good website to look at. I also am wondering if you work for that company since it's in the UK and there aren't even US prices on there?
Old 10-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Spike

A poly blend or merino wool are two good options IMO.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

i like the cabelas thermals....come in multiple versions
Old 10-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Spike

Icebreaker Merino Thermals have always served me well
Old 10-25-2018, 07:23 AM
Spike

I have UA cold gear. It's great if you are working, walking, doing activity. If you are sitting it makes me feel colder than I would be without it.
For stand hunting/sitting there is an army surplus store not far from where I work. I buy their thick polypropylene leggings and 1/4 zip top. They keep me warm when sitting but if you have to hike a ways don't layer up until you get to the stand or you will sweat quite a bit thus making you cold when as you sit and start to cool down.

When it gets super cold I just put on my carhart bibs and coat and am fine in really cold temps. My feet will get cols before my body does. What helps most is a poly t-shirt, poly long sleeve shirt, poly vest, then a good insulated coat that cuts wind.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:10 PM
Spike

I tried the SmartWool 250's this week during opening deer rifle season. I like them, as they are very warm. In fact, down to the 40's, I am comfortable wearing just the SmartWool 250 crew top with no jacket. In the 30's, I'll want to throw on a good jacket on top of the top layer, but I am very impressed with the performance of the SmartWool 250 gear. Plus wool wicks sweat and keeps you warm even if you get wet (in the rain, for example).