Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best thermal underwear???

Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by THEMAKKER13
The brand of merino wool I have is called omni- wool. I think it's about $45 a pair.
I wear Omni-wool socks from Sam's Club and they seem to be great quality for the money (3 prs for $15 vs. 1 pr for >$15 from SmartWool). I will have to look for their thermals.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Ever since I started wearing medalist I have been happy as hell. I have a few under armour garments and I think the medalist stuff is easily on par with it. You can find it cheap too.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Spike

I haven't heard before about Thermal underwear's are they good?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I can see the $20's and the silent credit cards rolling...

on such a question on a hunting web site.

I'm glad I'm not a newbie who never endured an all day in the woods in minus degree weather. Probably could freeze up one of their electronic instruments they're carrying. They got insulated wear for those i-phones?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Spike

I've switched from the synthetics to 100% merino wool and I haven't looked back. I purchased socks, bottoms, and tops from Minus33 and have worn them several times and they work great. Wool is great for warmth, breathability, sheds water and quick drying, UV resistance, and fire resistance (it doesn't melt, which if you've ever had an ember from a fire hit synthetic clothing, it melts to your skin). The point is, it's durable, warm, and long lasting. Yes, it can be more expensive, but you're money may go further with a quality wool base layer.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by MNDan
I will never wear synthetic long underwear again after trying merino wool long johns - it's ultra comfortable, warm when wet, and simply doesn't stink - even after wearing it for a week straight every day (which I will be doing next week again). I have a bunch of different Minus 33 long underwear, which I think is a great value, but any will do. I just noticed this year that even Costco is carrying merino wool & it looks to be pretty decent.
X2 on the Merino
Old 03-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Get Merino wool. I've got so much Minus33 stuff I should own stock in the company! Love it all!

Edit: Oops - x3'd my original post - hehe. It had been a few months...

Last edited by MNDan; 04-02-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BulldawgBen
I use under armor but it is expensive. I am also a coach so one of my vendors gave me a set that is the only reason I have it. It does do a great job of keeping you warm though.
+1 for Under Armour. I probably would have bought it if it wasn't for baseball, but the cold gear is VERY warm.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
on such a question on a hunting web site.

I'm glad I'm not a newbie who never endured an all day in the woods in minus degree weather. Probably could freeze up one of their electronic instruments they're carrying. They got insulated wear for those i-phones?
Says the guy typing on his keyboard....
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Spike

I would definitely suggest you go for PolarTec.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.