Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Advice on M1A Scout

Old 10-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Spike

Default Advice on M1A Scout

Hello. My boyfriend owns an M1A Scout rifle, and I am trying to come up with ideas for gifts for him that would go with it. I have tried searching for scopes, but I am out of luck because I have no idea what kind can be mounted on it. I tried searching through Google, but of course nothing I read gave me any idea at all. I found some nice rifle scopes at Buckeye Outdoors, but I have no idea how they mount and if he needs special hardware for it. So, my question to you guys is this: What kind of scope can be mounted on an M1A?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

I have an M1A SOCOM, which is a very similar gun.

I have an aimpoint 2x red dot scope on mine. However, I can tell you that people are usually very picky about their scopes. A standard variable power scope such as a 3-9 is completely different from a red dot scope. An m1a is a very nice, very expensive rifle, and he is unlikely to mount a scope on it if the scope is not exactly what he wants.

You may want to get him some spare magazines (or clips as some people call them, they hold bullets) rather than a scope. Or you can just find out what kind of ammo he has, and buy him some boxes of ammo. If you do get a scope, save the receipt and don't be offended if it isn't exactly what he wants on his rifle.