Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Backcountry Packs

Old 09-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Spike

Default Backcountry Packs

I have been looking into different backcountry packs. Does anyone know what are the differences between the Eberlestock J107 packs and the JP9 Blue Widow pack? It seems to me as though one comes with a gun scabbard and one is setup for a bow is the only difference. Also, what are your thoughts between those packs and something like the Badlands Sacrifice? Any thought or input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Spike

Default I Like Badlands!

I'm not familiar enough with the Elblerstock or Blue Widow to say one way or another, but I can say that I doubt you will be dissapointed using the Badlands sacrifice.

The sacrifie has a bow/rifle compartment and a lightweight steel frame.

Are you planning on using it for multiple day backpacking trips?
Old 09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Spike

Yes, I am planning on multiple days in the backcountry with this pack. Possibly up to 5 days at a time. The only thing that gets me about the badlands is I have a superday pack and it doesn't quite fit me right. I'm 6'3" and 225 lbs. It just doesn't seem to fit my structure. I haven't yet tried a sacrifice yet but really like the features. I don't know anyone who owns an eberlestock pack so I don't have an answer there. I don't really think I can go wrong, but I would just pike to hear from people who have them what they think, you know? It's just alot of money to spend on any pack without doing some research...
Old 09-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Spike

I swear by Badlands. I have the Super Day for local day hunts but I also have the 4500 for multiple day hunts. The 4500 has 2 yoke sizes to choose from. They're quality packs and the 4500 ton of room and straps for rifles etc. Good luck this eason!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Spike

While I cannot comment on the specific packs you are considering, as I don't have those models, I can state without a doubt you will not go wrong with an Eberlestock.

I have found their designs to be well thought out and the packs to be well made. As I get older I keep learning one lesson over and over, "You get what you pay for."

Biker

Last edited by BikerRN; 09-29-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Spike

Thanks guys!! Good luck to you too this season!! I'm leaning toward the blue widow since I do more bowhunting than anything. I really like the expanable pack option for packing out meat. If you arent familiar with them check out the videos on youtube. The pack is very well thought out and downright impressive. Now if I could only find someplace that sells them so I can put one on just to see how it fits...