HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Which Rubber hunting boots to buy?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/349660-rubber-hunting-boots-buy.html)

mufan 09-12-2011 08:31 PM

Which Rubber hunting boots to buy??

Hi,
I am in the market for some insulated rubber boots but I have seen that most of these boots end up getting holes poked in them, tearing, or cracking relatively early. I really like the fit of the lacrosse alphaburley sport but seen a lot of negative comments on the quality of craftsmenship like that mentioned above. I don't want to drop 160 bucks on a pair of boots every two years!! I use tree steps as well which are rough on boots.

So who makes the most durable rubber hunting boots?

Deepsouthdeerjunky 09-12-2011 10:11 PM

Ive never had any complaints with my Burleys. I rele like them, i do a lot of walkin in the off season and they are great. I have also heard great things about Muck brand. I may actually go that direction next time i have to buy just to give thema shot. I have tried them on and they seem super comfortable

blazingarrow 09-13-2011 05:40 AM

I use mucks and they are amazing. Warm and durable. A little costly but worth it.

Sheridan 09-13-2011 09:03 AM

Lacrosse, of course !

buckwild41 09-13-2011 09:23 AM

No problems with Burleys here? A few pound lighter than Mucks which help on those long treks.

deerdust 09-13-2011 03:02 PM

I have always used Lacrosse and will always. For what I put them through in a year, they have been durable for me. Any rubber boot will get a hole in it if ya don't pay attention to where you're walking. Then sometimes there is just no avoiding it.

Wingbone 09-13-2011 04:29 PM

I won't buy LaCrosse burleys any more. When my old American-made set finally wore out after 10 years, I bought a pair of Chinese-made Burleys. They ripped in less than a year. I bought another pair. They ripped in less than a year. I've got an old insulated, American-made pair that are 15 years old and still going strong. In my opinion, the imported rubber ones aren't worth the money.

Mojotex 09-13-2011 05:21 PM

I like the Irish Setter ... something like Exoflex???? ... anyway, it goes on great, fits snug and has held up well for the past 2 seasons. I have a high instep, big legs and walk a good deal to/from my deep woods stands. While my feet do sweat like crazy in any of the rubber boots I have tried, including these, these are the most comfortable rubber boot that I have ever used.

Valentine 09-17-2011 07:35 AM

Maybe something is Unsaid

I never saw, and some might possibly exist, but I never saw rubber insulated hunting boots that didn't wear out a lot of hunters after walking some twenty feet, with them on, in a sporting goods store.

They sure aren't those light running shoes, you'd wear in a park. And it's sure not like moving from the sofa chair at the TV to the refrigerator.

scottycoyote 09-17-2011 07:46 AM

another vote for mucks