Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Which Rubber hunting boots to buy?? >

Which Rubber hunting boots to buy??

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which Rubber hunting boots to buy??

Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Spike

Default Which Rubber hunting boots to buy??

Hi,
I am in the market for some insulated rubber boots but I have seen that most of these boots end up getting holes poked in them, tearing, or cracking relatively early. I really like the fit of the lacrosse alphaburley sport but seen a lot of negative comments on the quality of craftsmenship like that mentioned above. I don't want to drop 160 bucks on a pair of boots every two years!! I use tree steps as well which are rough on boots.

So who makes the most durable rubber hunting boots?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

Ive never had any complaints with my Burleys. I rele like them, i do a lot of walkin in the off season and they are great. I have also heard great things about Muck brand. I may actually go that direction next time i have to buy just to give thema shot. I have tried them on and they seem super comfortable
Old 09-13-2011, 05:40 AM
Spike

I use mucks and they are amazing. Warm and durable. A little costly but worth it.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lacrosse, of course !
Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

No problems with Burleys here? A few pound lighter than Mucks which help on those long treks.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

I have always used Lacrosse and will always. For what I put them through in a year, they have been durable for me. Any rubber boot will get a hole in it if ya don't pay attention to where you're walking. Then sometimes there is just no avoiding it.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't buy LaCrosse burleys any more. When my old American-made set finally wore out after 10 years, I bought a pair of Chinese-made Burleys. They ripped in less than a year. I bought another pair. They ripped in less than a year. I've got an old insulated, American-made pair that are 15 years old and still going strong. In my opinion, the imported rubber ones aren't worth the money.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Irish Setter ... something like Exoflex???? ... anyway, it goes on great, fits snug and has held up well for the past 2 seasons. I have a high instep, big legs and walk a good deal to/from my deep woods stands. While my feet do sweat like crazy in any of the rubber boots I have tried, including these, these are the most comfortable rubber boot that I have ever used.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Maybe something is Unsaid

I never saw, and some might possibly exist, but I never saw rubber insulated hunting boots that didn't wear out a lot of hunters after walking some twenty feet, with them on, in a sporting goods store.

They sure aren't those light running shoes, you'd wear in a park. And it's sure not like moving from the sofa chair at the TV to the refrigerator.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

another vote for mucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.