HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Which Rubber hunting boots to buy?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/349660-rubber-hunting-boots-buy.html)

garett12 09-17-2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sheridan (Post 3846929)
Lacrosse, of course !

Same here.

Champlain Islander 09-19-2011 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wingbone (Post 3847137)
I won't buy LaCrosse burleys any more. When my old American-made set finally wore out after 10 years, I bought a pair of Chinese-made Burleys. They ripped in less than a year. I bought another pair. They ripped in less than a year. I've got an old insulated, American-made pair that are 15 years old and still going strong. In my opinion, the imported rubber ones aren't worth the money.

I have the same opinion as Wingbone. I have 5 pair of lacrosse in different weights and vintages. All the old American made boots lasted for years and the average time it took the new Chineese made boots to crack were from 2 to 4 years. I was frustrated and decided to try Muck Woody Max. The last LaCrosse Alpha Burly I bought was about 100 bucks and the Muck was 150. i decided to try a pair and will never go with the laCrosse again. the Mucks are much more comfortable, way warmer and seem to last. They are so warm that I used them all winter for ice fishing and I go out every day. My old rubber ice fishing boots used to last no more than 2 years before cracking. I switched from LaCrosse to Cabelas 2000 gram rubber boots and they made it 14 months. This will be the 3rd year with the Mucks and they still look great and I have used them for all my late season deer hunting footware in addition to the ice fishing. I will add though that the Mucks would probably be too hot for the Southern climates. Our bow season comes before the snow flys and I use a lighter non leaking pair of Lacross for that.

270sniper 09-19-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by blazingarrow (Post 3846870)
I use mucks and they are amazing. Warm and durable. A little costly but worth it.

I was going to buy them until my buddy torn a hole in them the first time he used them while turkey hunting.

Foxer1984 09-22-2011 06:13 AM

I am also in the market for some rubber boots, I had my eye on the Irish Setter Exo Flex 800 gram, just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them.

Foxer1984 09-24-2011 05:46 AM

Im going to check on some rubber boots tomorrow any advise.

skeeter 7MM 09-26-2011 05:16 PM

I hate rubber boots, that was until my wife bought me a pair of mucks for my birthday. Wouldn't buy anything else, 3rd year in service chasing, elk, moose and deer not one hint of a problem or displeasure with them.

ALHUNTER78 01-23-2012 12:09 AM

I have 4 pair of muck boots , best rubber boot i've ever owned.