Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Boots?

Old 08-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Hunting Boots?

Well for the last few seasons just huntin in my work boots and having my feet nearly turning into icesickles LoL I've decided to invest in some insulated huntin boots. Any recommendations on some good ones I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks
Old 08-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best boots you can buy are the ones that fit right. Don't scrimp on price. Cheap boots will not last, and they will fail at the worst time.
I have had good luck with Wolverines.
I have also been known to "borrow" my wife's La Crosse boots from time to time.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

the La Crosse Burlys are what ive been using for the last 4 yrs and they are great! i cant remember the last time my feet got cold in the woods, and even though i hunt in alabama ive been out in some pretty cold weather (6 to 9 degrees a couple days). They are great, I have also heard very good things about the Muck brand, thinkin about goin to them next time a need some. Cant go wrong either way in my opinion
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are any number of good unsulated rubber, or otherwise, boots out there. Do not scrimp on price. In boots, you do get what you pay for. You might think about getting one size bigger to allow for more socks. Also, sometimes it's not the boots. Wearing cotton socks will guarentee your feet will get cold no matter what boots you're wearing.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best boot that I have come across for cold weather hunting (freezing temps or less) has been the Danner "Elk Ridge". These usually run about $200. I hunt a bunch and put my gear through it ... not abuse, but use. The pair I have now are 6 seasons old and still in great shape. Proper cleaning and leather treatment is necessary to longevity. The previous pair of Danners like these (all leather, insulated) that I had lasted only about 11 seasons. Oh darn ! The correct fit and using a high quality wool/poly blend sock are both other keys to warm feet. If you do a lot of sitting still, such as hunting from ground blinds or tree stands in very cold weather, give chemical "foot warmers" a try. I'll carry some and put them in my boot after I get settled in.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

i just started wearing mucks last year and i really like them
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 AM
DAX
Spike

Default Found Carhartt Boot Sale

Been lookin for some new boots too and came across this huge sale on all Carhartt boots.. just thought id share with yall

13pointjomc, maybe youll find something there
Old 09-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Spike

I have the type of feet that get cold very easily. For years I only wore the rubber hunting boots. I had a pair of La Crosse Alpha Burlys 1500 gram insulation. It was a good boot but my feet still got cold in the winter. Last year I decided to try something other than a rubber boot to see if it was any warmer. I got a pair of Irish Setter Snow Claw XT boots with 2000 gram insulation. I noticed a big difference in warmth between the rubber boot and this boot. Just something to look at. I think I paid about $169 for them.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Spike

I have these

LaCrosse Snake Boots.

They are uncomfortable right out the box (stiff as wood), but as they are worn in, they are comfy and warm. I bought a half size bigger than I needed to allow for my wool sock in the frigid South GA winters (ha ha).

And, an added PLUS......the very day after I bought the boots, after walking through some brush and looking down, there was a South GA cottonmouth staring up at me, 2 inches from my boot with his mouth wide open. I immediately thanked the man above for making me click purchase on amazon.com.

Hunting boots over work boots any day. Better yet, make em Snake boots.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Until 4-5 years ago, I only wore the La Crosse high top Burly boot. Wore their high tops for probably 20 years. But I always found them clamy and sometimes difficult to get on and off. So the next pair I needed to buy, I Googled boot reviews and found that many people loved their high top Muck boots. So I went to Cabeas and tried a pair on. Now I sleep with them on!.... :>)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.