Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
What hunting jacket do you rock? >

What hunting jacket do you rock?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What hunting jacket do you rock?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Spike

Default What hunting jacket do you rock?

The other day, I purchased some hunting gear including this hunting jacket. I think it very cool and show off the manhood. When I show it to my friend. He blurted out:"It makes u like an animal!" He explained if I walk in forest,nobody can discover me. And he even implied the jacket is ugly and in poor design. Just wodering; Is this jacket really that ugly? what kind do you guys rock?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Spike

Is this a jacket you're using to hunt with? Must not get very cold in your area?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

I stick to warm wool come gun season and scentblocker in bowseason.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Spike

This year I decided to move away from all of my camo and go with Filson Mackinaw Wool. The only way I was able to stay warm in my camo was way to many layers on top of layers. I ended up looking like the kid from "The Christmas Story" just trying to stay warm. Hopefully I will have better luck from the wool. Only time will tell.
Tuck
Old 09-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Spike

Have the raven wear bowhunters jacket and the MT050 parka for cold weather. For warmer weather i have a browning fleece jacket.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Spike

The wife just picked me up a Remington Stalker 4 in 1 parka in Real Tree AP. I like it due to the versitility of the full coat, the liner as a insulated windbreaker, The outer coat alone as a water proof shell, The Coat minus the Sleaves as an insulated vest, and the Liner as a lightweight vest.

Here in Western Oregon where I hunt for Blacktails 1st of Oct through the 4th of Nov. We can get rain, 40 degree mornings, But never that I remember sub 35 degree temps. In fact I would imagine that I wear it more without the liner then with. I'm not a skinny guy so I carry plenty of insulation all on my own!

Lots of big pockets and it does not appear to mess with the "Pull" on my rifles to much.

I do intend on doing some late Nov to Feb Central Oregon Coyote hunting and that will get cold. I had the wife get me a size that will allow a couple layers under it if need be.

Now to field test it