Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Do you use your safety harness? >

Do you use your safety harness?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.
View Poll Results: Do you use a safety harness with your tree stand?
Always use a harness
65.38%
Ocassionally use a harness
15.38%
Never use a harness
19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Do you use your safety harness?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:14 AM
Typical Buck

well I voted I always wear one but that is unless I am in a buddy stand or ladder stand. So i guess I am a Ocassionally person.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Most diffently..I'm a afaid of heights over 15 foot.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted occasionally wear a harness but there needs to be an option for usually wears a harness.

I have a couple ladder stands that are 8 feet high that I hunt from and don't wear a harness. When I am in a lock on type stand or my climber I have a safety harness on.

Recently I had a scare with my Summit harness that made me wonder how I would get down in the event of a total tree stand failure.

I decided to try out the Rescue One CDS II(controlled descent system) safety harness. This harness allows you to descend from the tree if for some reason you can't get back into your stand. To this point all I have done is tried the harness on. Little bulky but not too bad and about the same weight as the HSS vest harnesses. I plan to experiment some with this harness in the coming weeks.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Always. Law of averages say "it's not if, but when". Don't be another statistic in this year's hunting accident/fatalities report.

VA
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Spike

Piece of Mind & very comfortable. I bought it for my kids. Wife can remarry, But I"M gonna teach my kids to hunt!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Spike

I'm new to archery hunting and treestands. I ordered a new HSS vest which I will be wearing as soon as I leave the ground. I'd rather be on the safe side, then be in a wheelchair being fed out of a tube for the rest of my life. Or end up getting killed.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nagel_1
I'm new to archery hunting and treestands. I ordered a new HSS vest which I will be wearing as soon as I leave the ground. I'd rather be on the safe side, then be in a wheelchair being fed out of a tube for the rest of my life. Or end up getting killed.
When you get your vest, make sure you adjust it right, some of the straps are inside the material and hard to get at to adjust..good luck
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First, I'd have to know . . .

how long I could hang safely, with a safety harness.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Spike

Yes sir I have fallen out of a tree and was lucky not to break my neck don't climb without it.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tight360
This is not good for kids or hunters that are new to the sport, but, no I don't use one. I do install one on each stand for any visitors, but I don't use one.
most falls are not by kids or those new to hunting,
usually its seasoned hunters who have climbed that stand 1000 times,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.