Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Favorite scent removal product? >

Favorite scent removal product?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Favorite scent removal product?

Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

Default Favorite scent removal product?

I don't think you can ever totally remove your scent ( to animals that is ), but of the products available, which one(s) do you think work best?
Criteria:
Removes scent
Lasts for hours
Easy to apply
Old 12-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

I've used Hunter Specialties Scent-A-Way spray the last few years and have been very pleased. I hunt out of ground blinds most of the time and have had deer less than 10 steps a few times walking around the blind. I also use a scent free laundry soap for my hunting clothes.
I also shower with scent free soaps and use scent free deodorant.

Last edited by Ron in SC; 12-26-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Spike

Scent away is great but nose to the wind is better lol
Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Play the wind, wash clothing in baking soda. I use scent away however, last year I took baking soda and warm water and mixed it togather in a spray bottal. I had 3 does come within 10 yards of me, one came under my stand and had a 10 pt. buck around 20 yards from me, he is now in my freezer and wall.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

RJPOUTDOORS
What ratio of baking soda to water do you use for washing clothes?
Thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Spike

I'm with Ron in SC. I've used the Hunter's Specialties line of scent elimination products for years now and find them to be very effective. The laundry soap, the bar soap, the dryer sheets, the deodorant, and the spray. Top it off with a scent wafer of your choice and your in business. I've hunted whitetails for years and had them downwind of me countless times. I can count on one hand how many of them ever busted me. The scent wafers actually seem to grab their curiosity. The other thing is the H.S. products are the most affordable on the market. Happy Hunting
Old 03-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I make a homemade . . .

scent killer for the deer. I'm trying to figure out a total scent removal of gasoline from the vehicle. Won't have to make any homemade stuff again.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Personally (and I'm no expert) I don't believe in scent removal - I believe in COVER scents. I soak my hunting hat & boots in Tink 69 ( I don't think brand matters, use your fav) & I saw more bucks this past season than ever before. I see coyote hunters on TV doing the same thing, so I think I'm on to something. You can never remove 100% of human odor, but you can over-power it with other natural scents that will bring animals in for a shot. I let two bucks walk & missed a long shot, but at least i saw them this year. Can't wait for archery this July...
Old 03-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Spike

I also use Hunter Specialties Scent-A-Way products. Always worked good for me.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even though I use the scent away products. I feel working hard at staying downwind is more important.

I think staying scent free is more important to blind users.

I spot and stalk, and have more options on where I put myself in the wind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.