Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Who makes the best hunting boots? >

Who makes the best hunting boots?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Who makes the best hunting boots?

Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for Danner.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ADVWannabee
I agree. I had a pair of Rockys where the tread dry rotted and fell apart after 6 or 7 years. Now I wasn't too upset because they were years old, but the rest of the boot was still in good shape. So I replaced them with another pair of Rockys and those fell apart in the 3rd season.

I now have a pair of Wolverines that are in their 2nd season so I will see how well they hold up.
I had a pair of Bear Stalkers that the sole dry rotted on as well. I called Rocky customer service year before last and complained. They wound up sending me a new set of replacement soles. I had them put on and the boots have been good to go. The guy that put the soles on said they were much better quality than the originals.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:41 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

X2 on cabelas outfitter boots. I am on year six and will be wearing them next year too.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

The best................here they are;

http://www.lintonoutdoors.com/produc...reme-1000.html

Or if they are too expensive - try these;

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...t=meindi+boots

Last edited by Sheridan; 05-10-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pair of Danner pronhorn's that have served me well. I also has two pair of White's boots. The White's boot are far superior to the Danner Pronghorn, but so is there price tag.
White's will make a boot that is custom fit to your foot. White's will also rebuild your boots. The first pair of white's I bought back around 1990. I have sent these boots in twice for a rebuild job and I still own them to this day. These boots are the Smoke jumper model and they are heavy, but they are a great boot.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Boots

Originally Posted by Valentine
The manufacturer find out they're the best, and no one will find a price under $500.

Shhhh! We won't tell them.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Spike

Thumbs down

I live in the town where rocky's used to be made they was good boots but now they suck had several pair that the soles rotted off old factory is still there but its just a outlet store now most of there boots are made in china now my opinion is greed took over quality Ive had new work shoes that i had in the closet I bought 3-4 pair got a discount on them cause my sister worked there and wore them 1 day and they fell apart took them back and they said u didnt wear them the soles just crumbled thats why u only get like a 6 month warrenty on them u cant store them cause they dry rot
Old 12-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Spike

two guides I spoke to here locally just got some Lathrop and Sons boots before the season this year and were VERY happy with them. Relatively short hiker style but did great even for 4th rifle up here (and we got some decent snow).

I have a pair of Vasques that I love but they are big (like an 11" boot).
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Reading Cabella's reviews ,some of the better warmer boots don't have insulation in the toe area, and a few people commented on cold toe's.

So last weekend I was at Cabella's, and sure enough I looked at all the boots. Some serious hunting boots, withOUT insulation in certain area's. Doesn't make sense.....
Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Spike

Depends on the application in my opinion. I wear mucks during bow season, but once gun season starts, the snow falls, and the temp drops into the teens I wear a pack boot. Had a pair of Rocky's, my feet still froze while still hunting, but I suspect I have poor circulation. Bought a pair of Sorel Glaciers this year, my feet don't get cold anymore. Not sure how good they would be for scent control, and I am guessing I won't want to hike around all day in them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.