Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Stolen Property in the Woods

Old 12-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
yes, ones that STEAL your stands usually are not any good.

the ones that DESTROY your stands are usually good people that just dont want you there.
I don't consider someone that destroys other peoples property "good people."
Old 12-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bsteve
I don't consider someone that destroys other peoples property "good people."
I second that. Especially if it is public land. Public land is owned by all tax payers.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

if you hunted in area and had place to yourself, public or private for longtime.

in comes a group and puts up treestands and shoots bucks while you are driving deer for 80 years.
you would not feel good about it .most would tear your treestands down.most ARE good people that i grew up with.
heck i tore stands down years ago also and i am not bad person.
it is way it was .

you can see what has happened from long ago when hunters would stop this from happening.
we had deer,now we have few and lots of hunters.
just opposite of years ago.
our dads and uncles saw this coming in early 70s.

i can remember dads saying to kids,I HOPE THERE WILL BE DEER WHEN YOU GROW UP .
they TRIED to stop what has now come to be.

so those hunters are very different than ones that come in and steal your stands. THOSE people most are low life people,bad dads or no dads,drugs and welfare.

2 different people,1 that wants deer and other that wants to steal.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 AM
Typical Buck

yes, ones that STEAL your stands usually are not any good.

the ones that DESTROY your stands are usually good people that just dont want you there.
that doesnt make it right. people who destroy stands or steal them are the same people in my book. theft and vandalism. both crimes.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
that doesnt make it right. people who destroy stands or steal them are the same people in my book. theft and vandalism. both crimes.
this is way IT was.it is what i saw over 46 yrs hunting.
it is what i feel from seeing it from then to now.

today you have THIEFS,back then you had sportman that did not steal but took hunting in their area very serious.
you can judge right or wrong.

take care sproul
Old 12-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

this is way IT was.it is what i saw over 46 yrs hunting.
it is what i feel from seeing it from then to now.

today you have THIEFS,back then you had sportman that did not steal but took hunting in their area very serious.
you can judge right or wrong.

take care sproul
still makes them pigs in my book, just like the scum that steal stands. destroying a stand is like stealing. making it useless is like stealing it.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
still makes them pigs in my book, just like the scum that steal stands. destroying a stand is like stealing. making it useless is like stealing it.
thats why we all may think different.back in days when you had your hunting area to yourself,YOU PROTECTED THAT .right or wrong thats way it was.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats why we all may think different.back in days when you had your hunting area to yourself,YOU PROTECTED THAT .right or wrong thats way it was.
Unless this is on your own private property this is plainly greedy and wrong.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Unless this is on your own private property this is plainly greedy and wrong.
it is way IT was.like it or not.stealing stand was not acceptable then ,knocking stand down was acceptable and sent a message to anyone that would get in middle of crews drive and shoot bucks .
before this was done ,most of sportsman would say to the person that was SNEAKING into the middle of drive to shoot the bucks,WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN OUR GANG OR HUNT WITH US?

most WOULD NOT ,as that had good thing going by having crews do work and they shot the bucks off them.
again that is way IT was.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 AM
CJ1
Spike

Touch someone's stuff to steal or destroy is still criminal. If you were taught this was an except able behavior then you were taught to be a bully not sportsman or a person with a sense of ethics. I was taught to leave a note at the persons stand suggesting a meeting to discuss how to hunt the area with out disturbing each others hunt. Through this practice I have made many friends over the years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.