Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Stolen Property in the Woods

Old 11-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stolen Property in the Woods

It still amazes me how people continue to get property stolen in the woods, and ask WHY.

Here is one example, rather surprising to me, in a another hunting web site.

"Life time stuff stolen from me in the woods 3 cudde no flashes 2 moultrie cameras for a total of 5 cameras. At Least 20 hang on stands and 10 climbing sticks and countless tree steps. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth of hunting equipment."

I certainly do not approve of stolen property. But I certainly was glad I was educated, as I was, at a very early age. I was shown the local county jail and advised that many people lived there full time. Never had to tell me twice on the importance of avoiding, as best you can, some people.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
It still amazes me how people continue to get property stolen in the woods, and ask WHY.

Here is one example, rather surprising to me, in a another hunting web site.

"Life time stuff stolen from me in the woods 3 cudde no flashes 2 moultrie cameras for a total of 5 cameras. At Least 20 hang on stands and 10 climbing sticks and countless tree steps. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth of hunting equipment."

I certainly do not approve of stolen property. But I certainly was glad I was educated, as I was, at a very early age. I was shown the local county jail and advised that many people lived there full time. Never had to tell me twice on the importance of avoiding, as best you can, some people.
You bring up a great point. We took tours of the county jail as kids and I remember some pretty rough inmates talking pretty nasty to us. It was certainly a place I decided that I did not want to visit again.

Now due to regulations and liability concerns, many jurisdictions will not give these "scared straight" tours anymore.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

It is a shame that they no longer want to do the scared straight tours.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Spike

Our county no longer does this either. They should. IT WORKS.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Spike

it's a shame to have your things stolen in the woods, but i know even on our property that is posted and not overly accessible, i still put a chain and lock around anything that is going to be left, like stands, cameras, etc...
Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

locks, doors, chains U name it mean nothing to the thievin tweakers of today...I mean who in their right mind would go into someones camp and rip it off, knowing full well that a person that is armed with a very large rifle could come back at any time!!!!
And be sides it's not your stuff, it's the tweakers stuff, they're entitled to it and your just holding on to it until they need it!!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Next time you find a bargain online ebay/craigslist etc...
Think of all the stolen property.
And where that item may have come from.
That should answer why
Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

its sad how these guys who steal stands etc. sometimes call themselves sportsmen. pigs are what they are
Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know hunters that destroy your equipment if left in woods but dont steal it.
they just dont want you there and most have hunted that area for 50 yrs.

then you have ones that just go out to steal.

2 different people and 2 different ways of looking at things.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
its sad how these guys who steal stands etc. sometimes call themselves sportsmen. pigs are what they are
yes, ones that STEAL your stands usually are not any good.

the ones that DESTROY your stands are usually good people that just dont want you there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.