Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting out of a Ground Blind

Old 11-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Spike

Default Hunting out of a Ground Blind

I just bought a ground blind and was wondering, when hunting out of a ground blind, do u shoot thru the mesh window or put it down? What are the pro/cons. I would think that the direction or the bullet would change going thru the mesh.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Spike

Shoot through the mesh. Its doesnt affect the bullet in any way.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Spike

If you are shooting a firearm, the bullet will pass right through the mesh. Won't affect accuracy at all. Bows with mechanical broadheads may open. Ive heard some will, some won't. I don't hunt archery, so I'm not positive. Also remember to wear hearing protection shooting inside a blind with a firearm. Its incredibly loud with a muzzle loader going off in one.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted out of mine and i wont shoot through the mesh (bow or gun).Just make shure you spray it down to kill the smell and dont sit next to an open window.I had a redtail fly through mine!!! SCARED THE CRAP OUTTA ME!!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can shoot through the mesh. I just made a shot out of mine last night and the arrow went right where I pointed it.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Make sure you check your state's regualtions on fully enclosed ground blinds. I know in Wisconsin during the Gun deer season one needs 114 sq inches of blaze orange displayed ont he blind in all directions!

Not sure about bow hunting and I this is not the case if used for turkey.

JW
Old 12-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 6 ground blinds and the instructions on all of them state that you should not shoot through the mesh with a firearm.

That being said, i did it once. Blew the whole damn mesh window apart. I believe the gasses just melted it.

with a bow, i do it all the time. I have same POI out to 30 yards mesh or not. I use a COC type broadhead though
Old 12-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Spike

word to the wise::: homemade deer stands are usually the ones that people fall out of because they are usually poorly constructed and are not properly maintained. if you value your life i say spend the money and buy a quality stand. and always use a safety harness. falling even 10 feet from a stand can cause serious injury and even death. no deer is worth being paralyzed for life or being dead.
colon cleanse products
steroid alternatives