Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Insulated Rubber Boots??

Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

BOGS! They are easily the best insulated boots I've ever had and are very affordable and durable. They stay warm is extremely low temps and are great quality. I maybe paid a little over 50 bucks for a pair this year and am extremely impressed...I highly recomend them.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:29 AM
Spike

Default what not to buy for sure

I have had 3 diffrent pairs of rubber boots , the first pair was a pair of Rocky's got several years out of them in fact I still have them and used the Goo to get them through the season since my second pair took a crap ( cabela's ) they dry rotted around the ankle after 2 years. the last pair was a pair of Itasca's what a crappy boot wore them 4 times before the leg gusset broke . I took those back and got my money back . looking at muck or columbia's for next season.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by coca_colaguy23
I have had 3 diffrent pairs of rubber boots , the first pair was a pair of Rocky's got several years out of them in fact I still have them and used the Goo to get them through the season since my second pair took a crap ( cabela's ) they dry rotted around the ankle after 2 years. the last pair was a pair of Itasca's what a crappy boot wore them 4 times before the leg gusset broke . I took those back and got my money back . looking at muck or columbia's for next season.
Buy MUCK....Itasca makes the Columbia boots, at least they did a couple of years ago.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by JakeGrice
BOGS! They are easily the best insulated boots I've ever had and are very affordable and durable. They stay warm is extremely low temps and are great quality. I maybe paid a little over 50 bucks for a pair this year and am extremely impressed...I highly recomend them.
Where did you get the Bogs for $50?? They look nice on their website but most are $100+. Look very similar to Mucks.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

mucks....just got my first pair and hunted with them this weekend.......love them!! I hated struggling getting in and out of my lacrosse's to the point i about quit wearing them but the mucks are awesome, very warm...they are going to be my goto boot from now on.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Muck Boots

Are they U.S. made or Chinese?

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I usually don't have my pants on the inside of the mucks. That would be one disadvantage IMO on the Mucks. If you like to tuck the pants into the boot the tightness of the neoprene might make that uncomfortable. One of the reasons why they are so warm is they fit snuggly around your leg below the knee and keep everything warm not letting the warm air out. On the flip side I don't find that my feet sweat in them as bad as the LaCrosse for some reason. The area above the ankle on the mucks is far stiffer than the laCrosse. All the laCrosse failures usually come at that place where they bend with the stepping movement. The older LaCrosse seemed to last for years but the newer China made rubber always seem to crack where the boot bends. I have 5 pair of LaCrosse of various weights and uses and now 3 of them are cracked all in the same area in the front or on the side above the ankle. I tried the Cabelas brand rubber boot and got about 14 months of use and they cracked. Luckily they sent me a refund and that is when I tried the Mucks. I am on my second year with them and used them all hunting season last year and all winter ice fishing. They still are in great shape.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Spike

i own 4 pair of Mucks , best boot i've ever owned.