Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Insulated Rubber Boots??

Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Lacrosse boots as well. One thing I have learned over the years about the lacrosse knee high rubber boots, "DO NOT" fold the upper section down!!! Keep them standing upright. If you fold them, they will crack right at the fold!!! After I stopped folding the uppers down, they stopped cracking!!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by brodyb51
I have also tried the Cabelas brand as well as the Columbia brand made by Itasca Boot Company and they have both cracked just after a year of use.

Man don't say that... I just ordered the Columbia Stuggart boots....
Old 11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Spike

Cal516 hopefully they will work out for you but I have went through two pair of Cablea's boots in under 3 years. Not sure if they still are but they are produced by Itasca boot company. The first pair literally fell apart and they sent me a new pair and now this pair has also cracked; they have cracks all over them. I just purchased a pair of Muck's and so far so good, they are very comfortable. Time will tell how durable they are but they seem to be of good construction.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Spike

I have the 400g rubber boot from field and stream. They fit good and have kept my feet warm down to the low 20's, they also come in 1000g.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Muck Boots

Are the Muck boots made in the U.S.?

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I usually don't have my pants on the inside of the mucks. That would be one disadvantage IMO on the Mucks. If you like to tuck the pants into the boot the tightness of the neoprene might make that uncomfortable. One of the reasons why they are so warm is they fit snuggly around your leg below the knee and keep everything warm not letting the warm air out. On the flip side I don't find that my feet sweat in them as bad as the LaCrosse for some reason. The area above the ankle on the mucks is far stiffer than the laCrosse. All the laCrosse failures usually come at that place where they bend with the stepping movement. The older LaCrosse seemed to last for years but the newer China made rubber always seem to crack where the boot bends. I have 5 pair of LaCrosse of various weights and uses and now 3 of them are cracked all in the same area in the front or on the side above the ankle. I tried the Cabelas brand rubber boot and got about 14 months of use and they cracked. Luckily they sent me a refund and that is when I tried the Mucks. I am on my second year with them and used them all hunting season last year and all winter ice fishing. They still are in great shape.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Don't know but they are very comfortable, easy to take off and go on and are warm. Mine are 2 years old and still look great.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Spike

I bought the Muck Arctic Pro's and love them. They are really warm, very comfortable and easy on the foot when walking. So far so good.....only time will tell how durable they are but I have a feeling I will be wearing Mucks for years to come.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brodyb51
I bought the Muck Arctic Pro's and love them. They are really warm, very comfortable and easy on the foot when walking. So far so good.....only time will tell how durable they are but I have a feeling I will be wearing Mucks for years to come.
Rocky has come out with a new boot to compete with the Mucks called the Mud Sox. Picked up a pair in October and have been very pleased thus far. They have 800 grams of Thinsulate Ultra and are very comfortable. Time will tell if they hold up but so far so good.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had La crossse Alpha 2000Gms for 10 years or longer, never even had a nick on one of them.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

That was when they were made in LaCrosse Wisconsin not China. Trust me you won't get 10 years out of the new ones...or even half that much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.