Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Gloves...

Old 10-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gloves...

Anyone have a pair of gloves that they love? Im looking for a pair of gloves that are thin enough to feel my trigger and easy to get my hands in and out of my pockets, yet warm enough so that my hands don't freeze in late november when I take my hands out of my pockets when there are deer around.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Losing the MACHO

Two things I lost any macho on years ago. One was boots; the other was gloves.

First, I got away from leather boots in freezing weather. In sanity I went, decades ago, to insulated boots with rubber bottoms. Especially in snowy weather. For me, in freezing weather, it has to have a rubber protection, plus insulation.

The second was to leave gloves and go to hunter mittens. They are warmer on a stand. They have a slit so you can use your trigger finger when needed. They are not mittens made for first graders. And no one else cares if your hand is freezing up in a stand on a wintry day. Only you. Learned that long ago.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

i too feel the same way a Valentine.. however, a set of fingered gloves i found that i like are Ice Armor gloves for ice fishing. they are pretty good compared to some of the others out there. What helps is they are water proof and not the expensive. only about $35
Old 11-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Spike

How are those Ice Armor gloves when stalking and going through a lot of bristle and thick?