Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

sick of climber

Old 09-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default sick of climber

I have owned to climbers so far. Both of them loggy bayou's and not by choice but convenience. I will never buy one of these ever again. Is there any climber that is simple and quiet. I dont care about how light it is because I stay in shape. I am just tired of fumbling around with straps ans bungees and clips and buckles that clang all over the place. I think I want one with cables on it, seems they would be quiet. So after all that my question is what is the most quiet and simple stand on the market.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit or Lone Wolf...IMO.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

As long as you're in shape, Lonewolf Alpha hand climber.

Very quiet & simple & strong, but not cheap.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

summit all the way. i have a viper ss and i love it and have used a viper for 4years now and wouldnt look back
Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have 2 API stands that I have had for years and love them. The shrink wrap that comes on them is junk though. I have put a 5/8 water hose on mine and it made them much quiter. I had a Loggy before I bought the APIs and I hated it. The climber part was always hard to get off of the tree and the band they have to wrap around the tree makes alot of noise. It was comfortable after you were up though.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Spike

You could try looking into a tree saddle. www.trophylineusa.com
Old 09-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit all the way, only 2 cables to worry about. I've had my Goliath for 5 seasons, been fantastic. I've got 6 hang-ons up this year, so I won't use it very much, but it's there if I need it.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sussexhunter
I have owned to climbers so far. Both of them loggy bayou's and not by choice but convenience. I will never buy one of these ever again. Is there any climber that is simple and quiet. I dont care about how light it is because I stay in shape. I am just tired of fumbling around with straps ans bungees and clips and buckles that clang all over the place. I think I want one with cables on it, seems they would be quiet. So after all that my question is what is the most quiet and simple stand on the market.
summit,lone wolf,treewalker,equalizer are al nice.i like SUMMIT ,price is good on sale and works fine.
i have 180 max and titan.
i like both but both are HEAVY . they weight 25 pds but i dont walk 2 or 3 miles to hunt.lone wolf is light but more expensive ,i think around 17 pds its weights .

summit is most comfortable of all them and the lone wolf is worst on comfort.
i got my 180 max for 286tyd and titan for 274tyd.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I recommend the Summit line.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

I own 3 lone wolfs (2 alpha hang ons, 1 climber) and a summit viper. I have had the summit for about 6 years and is a great comfortable stand and good value. The lone wolf hang ons are more versatile for getting into trees with better cover but they are very difficult to sit for a full day. I like the lone wolfs packability better and I typically get down to eat lunch and stand a lot to stay alert so it isn't a huge problem. The summit is very comfortable and nice to nap in if necessary, pending you're wearing a safety harness of course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.