Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

sick of climber

Old 09-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Owned almost all brands of climbers in 41 years of hunting.Lone Wolf are light weight, very expensive and horrible to sit in very long. Summit is my stand of choice. Average weight, awesome comfortable, quiet and easy to set up. I have a Viper SS right now, and I am planning on getting the new Switchblade. I will never own any other brand of climber.

Last edited by excalibur43; 09-30-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by excalibur43
Owned almost all brands of climbers in 41 years of hunting.Lone Wolf are light weight, very expensive and horrible to sit in very long. Summit is my stand of choice. Average weight, awesome comfortable, quiet and easy to set up. I have a Viper SS right now, and I am planning on getting the new Switchblade. I will never own any other brand of climber.
some are putting the summit seat on their LONE WOLFS.i agree they are lighter/pack better than summit .but they are expensive and not as comfortable as summit.
if you put the summit seat on LW you are up too 450 dollars .some say the LW belts catch on rough bark while climbing .
i do think LW floor beats the summit floor hands down.summits are heavier than LW .i like the 180 max/titan.
its about 7 pds heavier than LW.
you can feel difference.but i use MOLLE 11 to carry it and no problems.

i like lots of room and those 2 i like.we tested both the 180 max/titan .both were under 286 tyd off e-bay.closet i could get on the LONE WOLF was around 368 off cabelas tyd ,then 70 dollars for the summit surround seat, thats around 438 w/o shipping vrs 180 max for 286tyd,difference of around 165 dollars with shipping on summit seat.
only negative on the summit i have is 25 pds of weight vrs lw at 18 pds.other summits are lighter but dont have rail in front and are smaller on room, room/comfort is no. 1 with me......
you can feel difference but i take my time and only walk about 1 mile into woods.i stop about 2 times and rest for few minutes.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default switchblade

Originally Posted by excalibur43

Excalibur if you go to the folding model Summits you will never go back.. The Vipers are nice but too bulky when packing in.. The old Backpacker models were great but they quite making them for awhile. Then the new Switchblade models came out.... Worked with one several times now and they are everything the Vipers are plus pack great. I could never figure out why folks didn't choice the folding models over the standard Viper models?? The folding models are the bomb for sure.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

i have a gorilla greyback and it is very comfortable and affordable. i haven't actually used it hunting but from a quick setup on a tree in the back yard it was very quiet and sturdy. came with a harness too.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Spike

Summit line for sure
Old 11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Spike

Did you ever decide on what stand to get?
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Spike

i have had an api for 6 years and like it but have used the lone wolf sit and climb and they are quite and good for napping in to
Old 12-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Spike

Imo...these comapnies need to work together and create a stand...most everyone says LW and Summit is the way to go...I actually own a loggy bayou and as much as I hated the band the best part of it was locking the seat and ratcheting it down tight...I could actually stand on the corner edge in that stand plus the seat was comfy and good for all day sits...I now have a LW sit and climb and the alpha hang on...the hang on is quiet and very sturdy but the seat is painful...not enough padding for long sits...the climber was a challenge to get used to and I still don't feel 100% sturdy in it...I always make sure I'm balanced...but the sit is comfy, although not a fan of he arms when bow hunting...my next stand is going to be an equalizer...I'm tired of dealing with having to adjust when climbing because there is not perfectly straight trees where I hunt...the equalizer takes care of that issue...just my opinion
Old 12-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Drakeman
Imo...these comapnies need to work together and create a stand...most everyone says LW and Summit is the way to go...I actually own a loggy bayou and as much as I hated the band the best part of it was locking the seat and ratcheting it down tight...I could actually stand on the corner edge in that stand plus the seat was comfy and good for all day sits...I now have a LW sit and climb and the alpha hang on...the hang on is quiet and very sturdy but the seat is painful...not enough padding for long sits...the climber was a challenge to get used to and I still don't feel 100% sturdy in it...I always make sure I'm balanced...but the sit is comfy, although not a fan of he arms when bow hunting...my next stand is going to be an equalizer...I'm tired of dealing with having to adjust when climbing because there is not perfectly straight trees where I hunt...the equalizer takes care of that issue...just my opinion

maybe i am lucky but i have no problem with my SUMMIT 180 MAX OR TITAN on being level when i get to my height.
i just tilt it up a little and it seems fine everytime i climb.
adjusting the stand has never been problem for me.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

I love my lone wolf sit'n'climb. First climber of five brands I owned that I was happy with. I know a lot of people say there not as comfortable as the summit, but comfort has never been an issue for me. Matter of fact, I did away with there fancy seat and have just a eight inch wide fabric sewn in for the seat. Probably half of my sixteen day vacation during the rut is spent on all dayers.
I love the fact that I can safely change platform angle half way up the tree. That is huge since its hard to always get it right on the ground.
Happy Hunting
Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.