Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

sick of climber

Old 01-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Spike

Default Lonewolf and API

I hunt from an API and a Lonewolf. Light weight was a key for me. I had open heart surgery two years ago when I was 28 and couldn't stand the straps pulling back on my shoulders. I swore by APIs up until then but bought the Lonewolf just to have a light weight stand. I had to replace the seat of the Lonewolf. Found a silent seat on ebay made by www.hazmore.net (http://cgi.ebay.com/Tree-Stand-Seat-...item35af783f54). Since I got the new seat, I can spend all day in my Lonewolf stand. I haven't even taken my API into the woods this year.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like my Summit Viper and Titan (which I use most of the time now).
Old 01-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mlp311
I hunt from an API and a Lonewolf. Light weight was a key for me. I had open heart surgery two years ago when I was 28 and couldn't stand the straps pulling back on my shoulders. I swore by APIs up until then but bought the Lonewolf just to have a light weight stand. I had to replace the seat of the Lonewolf. Found a silent seat on ebay made by www.hazmore.net (http://cgi.ebay.com/Tree-Stand-Seat-...item35af783f54). Since I got the new seat, I can spend all day in my Lonewolf stand. I haven't even taken my API into the woods this year.
their comments about YOU WILL NOT EVEN MISS THE BACK REST OF SEAT.yes, if you are young and in good shape, i agree. but over 50 yrs old,NO WAY.heck at 35 i could sit on limb,ha.i do like idea you can move seat back to have more room.
my summit seat you can move it back BUT you have to have pressure on it to stay back.but this is only when a buck is coming.

if i have 5 seconds i can have my summit seat pushed back .only difference between that seat and summit is if you needed to move it back REAL QUICK.less bulky, i agree on that web seat than say my summit.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN
Like my Summit Viper and Titan (which I use most of the time now).
if the summit had the lone wolf floor,NOW THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Pro-Line
I'd rather deal with the extra weight of a stand than to have one that is uncomfortable.

I had a lone wolf...it was light and great to pack and set up. BUT, I'd rather that it be 10 pounds heavier if it were more comfortable.
that has been a big complaint of LONE WOLF.summit seat does improve it.i had a ladderstand. good one and i could not sit in it.it killed me after 3 hrs.

i bought my summit 180 max and could sit most of day.much safer too with rail around me.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Are they really comfortable? They don't look like they could be. I have carried a Summit Viper over a mile before. Padded backpack straps are the key to making these stands carry easy.

no...........
Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sproulman
their comments about YOU WILL NOT EVEN MISS THE BACK REST OF SEAT.yes, if you are young and in good shape, i agree. but over 50 yrs old,NO WAY.heck at 35 i could sit on limb,ha.i do like idea you can move seat back to have more room.
my summit seat you can move it back BUT you have to have pressure on it to stay back.but this is only when a buck is coming.

if i have 5 seconds i can have my summit seat pushed back .only difference between that seat and summit is if you needed to move it back REAL QUICK.less bulky, i agree on that web seat than say my summit.
I was hesitant as well. I'm young, but no where near being in shape. I've never hunted from a Summit. I think the Lone Wolf was a pound or so lighter so I went with it.

I can't follow instructions, I have to do my own thing. The way I chose to mount the seat on my Lone Wolf dosen't allow for pushing it completly back and out of the way. It's string and I don't recall it ever getting in my way.

The problem I have with most tree stand seats are the front straps that go under your legs. They cut off my circulation causing my legs to fidget. I didn't have this problem with the silent seat. I just hope by the time I get 50 I'm still able to climb a tree.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anotehr vote for Summit, as well as Ol' Man. The seat of the newer Summit line is darn comfortable. The Ol' Man is about as simple as it can get and the web-mesh seat works fine. Both are relatively quiet, easy to set up, rugged, stout and with a little ingeniuty you can make them even quieter.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mlp311
I was hesitant as well. I'm young, but no where near being in shape. I've never hunted from a Summit. I think the Lone Wolf was a pound or so lighter so I went with it.

I can't follow instructions, I have to do my own thing. The way I chose to mount the seat on my Lone Wolf dosen't allow for pushing it completly back and out of the way. It's string and I don't recall it ever getting in my way.

The problem I have with most tree stand seats are the front straps that go under your legs. They cut off my circulation causing my legs to fidget. I didn't have this problem with the silent seat. I just hope by the time I get 50 I'm still able to climb a tree.
i am 57 and still in tree.summit 180 max climber.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i am 57 and still in tree.summit 180 max climber.
I'll be 52 in a few months and I can climb a tree better than I could ten years ago because my climber is lighter and so am I.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.