Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

sick of climber

Old 12-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd rather deal with the extra weight of a stand than to have one that is uncomfortable.

I had a lone wolf...it was light and great to pack and set up. BUT, I'd rather that it be 10 pounds heavier if it were more comfortable.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Summit Viper and Titan and love them both. I use the Titan almost exclusively now, because of the extra platform room.

Cables can be noisy if they slip and clank against the climbers when you set up. It takes practice. I think any of them take some practice for you to be noise free during set up.

Just my .02.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN
I have a Summit Viper and Titan and love them both. I use the Titan almost exclusively now, because of the extra platform room.

Cables can be noisy if they slip and clank against the climbers when you set up. It takes practice. I think any of them take some practice for you to be noise free during set up.

Just my .02.

I agree 100%. I had a Lone Wolf Sit & Climb and while it was easy to pack in it got uncomfortable within a couple hours. I'm happy with the Summit Viper. With a little practice the Summit stands are quick and easy to set up. As long as I take my time the set up is quiet as well.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GRIZZLYMAN

Just my .02.
i am working on that cable noise with summits.the noise is INSIDE where cable lugs are held with the cable release.
something has to be put in there.i am thinking that bedliner spray MAY work sprayed in that area.
after season i will be looking into it.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i am working on that cable noise with summits.the noise is INSIDE where cable lugs are held with the cable release.
something has to be put in there.i am thinking that bedliner spray MAY work sprayed in that area.
after season i will be looking into it.
Yeah, that's a good idea. I used spray insulation in the bottom of the lower platform (the bottom of the slates) to get a little sound dampening in that part.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Spike

X2 on the tree saddle. Nothing is quieter. As far as climbers I would get a Millennium.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Spike

I had a summit. If you're hunting where you have to walk a ways I'd get a tree saddle! weighs 3lbs!! very comfortable,hunt ANY tree.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dennismeyers333
I had a summit. If you're hunting where you have to walk a ways I'd get a tree saddle! weighs 3lbs!! very comfortable,hunt ANY tree.
Are they really comfortable? They don't look like they could be. I have carried a Summit Viper over a mile before. Padded backpack straps are the key to making these stands carry easy.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Are they really comfortable? They don't look like they could be. I have carried a Summit Viper over a mile before. Padded backpack straps are the key to making these stands carry easy.
anything above the SUMMIT VIPER are heavy if you use the straps that come with stand.then throw in your clothes/fanny pack,boy you are up over 25 pds easy.

molle 11 really helps BUT it is still not light.at times i use a deer cart to haul my climber close to my spot,like 150 yds from spot.
i have a stand like tree saddle, it sits in basement not used.

i cant sit in that thing very long.i should sell it.anyone interested drop me a PM .ITS NEAT THAT YOU JUST STRAP IT ON YOUR BACK AND GO, GREAT STAND IF YOU LIKE TO MOVE AROUND ETC.

but at 57 i cant get up trees like i used too.
i have climber part for it too so you dont have to use steps to get up tree.its real small and straps on the seat .
Old 12-14-2010, 09:11 AM
CJ1
Spike

Originally Posted by buckwild41
Summit Switchblade or backpacker.... Fold flat quick on the tree and stable. Is $$ is not a concern look at the LW...

Love mine. The only thing I did to improve the quiet factor was to glue some felt to the frame where the swing brace meets the frame and you tighten the screw just so I could move more quickly with out worry about making noise attaching the 2 pieces.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.