HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   BEST deer scent on the market???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/330147-best-deer-scent-market.html)

hunter JR 09-20-2010 06:18 AM

BEST deer scent on the market????

:lolabove:In the court of Public Opinion:

Does anyone have an opinion, or can speak from a position of authority with clear certainty, on which brand, type, synthetic vs natural, deer scent is the BEST on the market? :happy0001:

hunter JR
Powell, TN

loanstarhunter 09-20-2010 12:44 PM

No scent is good scent

I personally have never had success with any type of scent.

newton29 09-21-2010 01:49 PM

I have had bucks come in with nose in the air and lip curled, and right or wrong, I attribute it to Tinks 69.

mac266 09-27-2010 08:06 AM

I just put doe P on my boots.

ModestBuck 09-27-2010 09:14 AM

In southeast VA, Tinks 69 take the cake. I have had some success on DOC's Extreme Heat as well.

Good Luck.

genesis27:3 09-27-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by loanstarhunter (Post 3685906)
I personally have never had success with any type of scent.

I am with lonestar. Scent killer is way over rated. The indians and mountain men did just fine with out and so can I.

Sheridan 09-27-2010 09:57 AM

"The indians and mountain men did just fine with out and so can I."

BTW - There has been a "few others" who have come and gone since then. LOL

genesis27:3 09-27-2010 10:20 AM

like.....?

buckwild41 09-30-2010 06:37 AM

Tinks 69 either works like a charm or spooks them terrible. I have seen it on numerous occasions work and on other days it's like they stepped on an electric fence.

The only one I have come across in 30 + years that either works great or they show no notice to it all is Pete Rickards Interdigital..... Smells like you stepped in something bad on the way to your stand but it works. Can't list the number of deer both bucks and does that have come straight in on it.. What I can tell you is I nor any of the guys I hunt with have ever had a deer spook on it.. They either come in or pay it no mind...

sproulman 09-30-2010 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by buckwild41 (Post 3692614)
Tinks 69 either works like a charm or spooks them terrible. I have seen it on numerous occasions work and on other days it's like they stepped on an electric fence.

The only one I have come across in 30 + years that either works great or they show no notice to it all is Pete Rickards Interdigital..... Smells like you stepped in something bad on the way to your stand but it works. Can't list the number of deer both bucks and does that have come straight in on it.. What I can tell you is I nor any of the guys I hunt with have ever had a deer spook on it.. They either come in or pay it no mind...

if you hunting doe NEVER use any doe in heat scent, NEVER. IT will spook another doe .
but i only hunt bucks and any of top doe in heat works.
just get it fresh,not year old stuff.tinks works,code blue any of them work .i buy mine at wal-mart .........