Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ol man roost armrest problems

Old 09-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default ol man roost armrest problems

Does anyone know if the armrest on the ol man roost hang on are supposed to be real loose. These things flop around and have a lot of side to side play.

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

anyone? Surely someone else has one.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Hmm, thats odd.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Spike

yeh they are real sloppy. Apparently the chi-coms dont hunt.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I called ol man and they said they have some movement,but I could send it back and if they determined it was defective, they'd replace it. But if not they would return it with a restocking fee or they'd send it back to me if I prefered.

So, I could spend another $20 on this thing shipping it and have them tell me its normal and then I've just wasted another $20 and a few weeks.

Just wondering if anyone else thought they were bad loose.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I doubt any tree stand is absolutely perfect

At least mine wasn't. So I rehabed it myself. I remember soft foaming some hollow metal parts; using new solid foam for seating and back, when needed. I put on two inexpensive carry straps that improved the carry of the stand in the woods; quieted some moving parts with tape. All were improvements; did them myself.

Even though my stand wasn't perfect, I consider it an heirloom now. Wouldn't give it up for $400 and a new one. It's over 16 years old; great overall design; and was totally paid for the day I got it. The depreciation time keeps getting longer. I sure like it; only has a top weight limit of 250 lbs. Saves weight on the back.

Kind of glad I never looked for perfection.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I dunno, they say they are suppossed to move some but I cannot get a straight answer how much. I'll just have to wait till bow season and hunt out of it some and see I guess. Kinda wishing I'd have bought another lone wolf hang on but I figured this one would be more comfy.

I guess time will tell.