Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Best climbing stand for a fatboy?? >

Best climbing stand for a fatboy??

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best climbing stand for a fatboy??

Old 07-08-2003, 11:26 PM

Default Best climbing stand for a fatboy??

I' m in the market for a stand and am pretty new to the market. I weigh about 230 lbs. and would like to find a climbing stand that' s light, easy to set up, and will support my oversized rear-end.

Any suggestions??
Old 07-09-2003, 06:32 PM

Default RE: Best climbing stand for a fatboy??

I am about 6' 2" and 240 I have a Summit an O' l man and have used an API. All three will work well. Of the three I would have to pick the Summit Viper.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m 6' , 235 lbs and use the Lone Wolf Alpha Sit & Climb. It is lightweight, easy to set up, and has a 350 lb. weight capacity. I have also used Summits and API' s with excellent results as well.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:39 AM

I' m 6' 4" 290 lbs and use API Grand Slam Magnum Supreme. Bit on the heavy side, but easy to set up and super comfortable.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:06 PM

well i am 6 foot and weigh in at a whopin 165lbs.

but none the less i love my API grand slam supreme

also would check out the lone wolf stands-- heard lots of good stuff bout those
Old 07-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Buckshot stands are the most comfortable climbers I' ve ever been in. Check out the Bigshot Magnum. They' re a little more expensive than the others but I don' t think you' d be disapointed.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:22 AM

I tired a new climber out this weekend but have been unable to locate a dealer on the web.
It was a " Quality Whitetail Products" ( or something like that ) climber made a firm out of Columbia, SC. It was easy to use and very light. It was also very sturdy, Im 250 and have never used a climber before but I plan to get one if I can locate a dealer. Any info would be appreciated. I dont like the Summit stands because i havent been able to find one that faces the tree, i dont bow hunt so i would like one facing tree. This one also packs up tight but if your not tall i wouldnt recommend it because as light as it is it is still a little long and may drag when carrying if your not over 6 ft depending on how you carry it.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:48 AM

I am 6' and used to weigh in at 240#. I have a Loggy Bayou stand, model Loggy Lite. It weighs a whopping 11 pounds! Very secure and stable. Great for when you have to get way back in, off the beaten path.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit goliath is easy to climb with, easy to sit in, and is rated for 350 pounds. I have one and really like it. I' m 290 lbs.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:29 AM

When you weigh all factors involved, weight - cost - comfort - safety - noise - and ease of set-up the Summit wins hands down for me.The new ones even fold flat for easier packing and mine is 19# and supports 300#.No pins or clips to drop and no clanks and thunks when carrying down thru the woods.

woods

Quick Reply: Best climbing stand for a fatboy??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.