Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
New safety zone signed into law in NJ >

New safety zone signed into law in NJ

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New safety zone signed into law in NJ

Old 08-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default New safety zone signed into law in NJ

for this hunting season, bowhunters now must observe a 150-foot safety zone in NJ rather than the 450 foot safety zone. This allows people to hunt on smaller properties and more effectively control deer populations that otherwise were not hunted.

So I can now hunt in my back yard without permission notes from my deer-loving neighbors. I've not hunted in 3 years (my hunting partner died of cancer awhile back ), but have always kept up my practice with field tips on the 'back 40'. DOes anybody have a recommendation for their favorite mechanical 3-blade broadheads ?

If this has been discussed before, I apologize....it's my first visit to this forum.....
Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

never mind....I poked around and found another thread with the answers I was looking for.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Spike

the 150' rule has been in the works for years....a lot of people worked very hard to get it through...

as a side note...sorry to hear of the loss of your hunting partner....congratulations to you for getting back out there...no better way to honor your friend....best of luck this season
Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by briarpatch
the 150' rule has been in the works for years....a lot of people worked very hard to get it through...

as a side note...sorry to hear of the loss of your hunting partner....congratulations to you for getting back out there...no better way to honor your friend....best of luck this season

That's very nice, thank you. Actually, the best way to honor my hunting buddy is to knock down some marinated mozzarella balls and a nice big tomato focaccia bread ! He was a character who never travelled without a cooler full of kielbasa. Hard gettin' up in them trees with a belly-full ! And I am very happy they were finally able to push that 150-foot rule thru...this place is overrun with deer who eat literally everything they can reach on 4 legs or two...plus, it's a hot spot for Lyme disease as well, with horses, livestock, and farm wokers being affected. I'm looking forward to putting an arrow into a couple of 'em, to be sure !
Old 08-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Without any specific knowledge

How's Lyme Disease doing in that state?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valentine
How's Lyme Disease doing in that state?
Pretty badly, I'm told. Where I am, this is 'horse country'...seems every person with 2 nickels to rub together has a horse. So there's lots of places renting stalls, boarding them, etc. There's some dairy around here too, but not much.

Everybody who works in these fields of endeavour are complaining about Lyme....if they don't have it, the horses and cows do. Bow hunting, we were taught long ago about the benefits of Permanone and how to use it to keep ticks outta yer hide...but i tell you that I do an inspection even after I cut the grass and I don't get off the mower ! I guess other parts of the state might not be so bad...but I know around here, lots of people complain. THey treat their lawns and stuff....nice.....i wonder how long it takes Tick poison to get into the well water ?