Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New hunting clothes

Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Spike

Default New hunting clothes

Well its about time for some new hunting clothes. I have around 250$ to spend all together, ive been looking at some scentblocker and some under armour. With the 250 i want a jacket and pants. I want some clothes that are going to keep me warm and that are waterproof.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I wouldn't spend a cent on Scent Blocker or Scent-Lok. The stuff simply doesn't work. Under Armour is an excellent choice if your intent is to buy clothes that will keep you warm. It's very expensive but worth it IMO.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Spike

ill agree with SWThomas, there is alot of talk recently in regards to if the scentloc or scent blocker really works or not, so its up to you, but im gunna wait to see if new reports back what was said recently in court is true or not. under armor is pretty expensive, but if i would get any of it, i would only get a set of cold gear pants and shirt which would probably cost around 100 bucks for the set.

IMHO i would just order a set of pants and a jacket fom cabelas or bass pro shops that has the best reviews that would set ya at your price range, best of luck and good hunting!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Spike

I would just buy what ever is on the sale rack!lol :P
Old 11-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Spike

As far as base layer warmth the best and cheapest thing in my opinion is polypropylene thermals. You can buy tops and bottoms for about a total of $50 at any military surplus store or a like website. These things are better than UA for a lot less money.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

These are the best................but $$$

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...type%3Dproduct
Old 12-03-2010, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default You aren't worth a salt

as a modern hunter, if you don't spend more than $100 on every pair of base thermals.
Of course, that doesn't apply to me, as I still have some polypropelene underwear, from a couple of decades ago.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Spike

Hit up any military surplus store or ebay for some polypro's. They can keep you so warm you won't be able to stand it. For staying warm it's about the layers. Then find just about any camo rain jacket/pants you like and call it good!

The polypro top and bottom will probably run $10-15 or so.