Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bad Boy vs Stealth

Old 07-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Talking Bad Boy vs Stealth

Has this topic been posted before? Looks like the Stealth wins on climbing this hill. Check it out! So any questions?
Live it up! Doug
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Question

Man you guys are a hard crowd! I can't believe 25 views and not 1 comment! No Bad Boy owners here? Or Stealth owners? Does this video actually prove any thing? If I was going to buy one would this persuade me one way or the other?
Live it up! Doug
Old 08-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Spike

Up to a month ago My father and I owned our own atv accessory and offroad store. ( He retired after 40 yrs in business and I sold my part out). Anyways, we sold Bad Boy Buggies, Stealth (however we dropped that line about 1.5 yrs ago) and Titan Utvs at our store. Each were good in there own way but also had their downfalls. If I were to rate em or was interested in purchaseing one this would be my recommendation. (BTW, Id take that video w/a grain of salt).

Here's alittle background info on ea: All have similar 4 wd systems, and are setup on a 48 volt system. The Titan and Stealth use the best quality of batteries and will give the most distance to travel.

1st off they all use the same controllers and motors or at least they use to. I think Stealth may have gone to a different source w/in the past yr. They are all built w/in 250miles of my house so Ive toured each plant.

BBB- Steel Chassis and body made in China, electronics, controllers and motors made in the USA. Assembled in the USA. Avail in 2 wd and 4 WD models w/solid axles(classic model very rough ride) and the XT -4 wheel ind. suspension w/36 hp (2 motor setup). Its a good unit w/a good ride but it also uses struts for the front susp. which is an ok set-up just limited on ground clearance. The motors on this unit sit to close to the ground w/makes it not good for water crossing. 2WD model is a 13HP single motor EV, its way underpowered and wouldn't pull an ant hill much less a mntn. (Don't waste ur $$ unless you live on flat lands and plan on never leaving it).

Stealth - Aluminum Chassis and body plastics made in the USA as well as controllers and motors. Suspension set up is good w/a solid rear axle and front a-arms similar to alot of older model atvs. Single engine, w/good power I think its in the 40 HP range (dont really remember).

Titan UTV -Steel Chassis and body made in China, electronics, controllers and motors made in the USA. Assembled in the USA. Suspension set up like most atv/utvs are 4 wheel ind. suspension w/coil over springs. Avail in 48Hp-54Hp (2 motors setup like the BBB). The motors sit up higher in the chassis than the BBB making a better choice for water crossing.

Personal Pick:
1. Titan- excellant power to wt ratio, turning radius the best of the 3, and the suspension the best. Quality of build is very good, but could use some refinements in the plastics catagory. Has avail 2 & 4 WD w/the push of a button. Priced in line w/the BBB XT about $11K+

2. Stealth- Very good power, and Excellant Quality of build. Very pricey of the 3. Approx. $15K

3. BB Buggy - Good power, lots of models to choose from. XT has a center console that takes up most of the front so if your a man larger than say 5'5" then you'll prob have a problem w/foot placement on the gas pedal. (They are supposed to be redesigning this for 2011) Priced at about $11K+. Classic BBB is a good buy but they ride like a tank. Priced in the $8500+ range. (Btw of the 3 BBB had more recalls and service probs than any other)

We also reviewed the RUFF and TUFF electric vehicles but they wanted us to purchase their entire line up of products or about a $100,000 buy in just to get their 4wd. We decided this didnt fit our business model. However, the R&T 4wd EV was IMO a very capaple vehicle but I have very little seat time w/it. So I honestly cant give a review on it.

Hope this helps if you havent already purchased one.

Last edited by Bfree; 08-04-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Thanks Bfree that was a great review and a lot of help. Very cool you toured the factories. I would always like to watch products go head to head till one or both give out. Good information about water crossings too. Nice job and thanks for all the info.
Live it up! Doug BTW Welcome to the board!