Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
What's your favorite camo pattern? >

What's your favorite camo pattern?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What's your favorite camo pattern?

Old 08-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Spike

The only pattern I've used has been realtree hardwoods , and it works pretty well in the forest where I usually hunt.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My all time favorite has been Advantage Timber. Since that's nearly extinct it's been AP or Lost Camo for me.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Predator brand camo is my fave, fall grey and spring green are my mainstays. Nat gear original is also good, especially when things turn up here. Most mossy oak patterns are to dark for here but I do like the treestand pattern. Shadow grass or max 4 for waterfowling.

Not sure it matters to the game, it boils down to the hunters perception of what looks good or works best. I have always believed in breaking up the blob image and as such prefer contrasting lines over images of foilage..jmo.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Realtree Advantage Timber has always been my favorite but since it is so hard to find in the near future I am switching to Treebark 005 pattern.This is made by Jim Crumely who owns OutfitterTuff camouflage and who started the original Treebark.This definitely matches my Virginia terrain. Mike
Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

i like max-4hd the best i think it looks the coolest and plus im big on duck hunting.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't know anymore. There are soo many brands and patterns out. They all look good. Mathews lost camo looks pretty cool though.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

I've always been a Predator Fall Grey guy - I think it is the finest pattern out there. Animals are wary of large, dark blobs, and Predator is one of the few camos that ever figured that out (ASAT being another).

That being said, I'd probably buy some Optifade if I need camo again. I think that it takes Predator-type camo to the next level.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

Realtree AP HD for me. But I figure camo catches more hunters than game, just like most fish bait is designed to get you to buy it more than get fish to bite it. I have used the old fashioned army woodland camo which doesn't look like anything for years and deer don't notice me at all. I now use Realtree AP HD and I still don't get noticed. The goal is to break up your outline and most any camo does that.

But I still want to look good.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Wink

What's your favorite camo pattern?-pattern_mountain1.jpg I have tried a couple diffrent patterns and my BY FAR FAV Is the Kings mountain shadow Camo. It really is amazing how well it works. It was designed for the western states so it has Sage, aspen, scrub oak, pine and more in the pattern. I read that 90% of camo especially the camo made in china contains UV brightners which in the eyes of a deer, makes you look like a bright blue glowing glob.
I emalied Kings customer service and asked them if their camo contaied UV. They replied and says that it does not. Their camo is made in phillipines. Check out their website.... http://shop.kingsoutdoorworld.com/

<<<<<<<
PS. I am wearing Kings camo in my avatar, blends in pretty good uh? I have been pretty impressed with it so far.
<<<<<<<<

Last edited by genesis27:3; 09-09-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Spike

Here in the east I like the old advantage timber, but its near impossible to find. I've also used outfitter camo, that brown stuff, I like it alot cuz it just blends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.