Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Buck Jam vs Deer Cane

Old 07-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

i prefer the apple buck jam. ive had awesome success with it hundreds of pictures, the deer will literally dig for it. it also lasts for months on end and i also think that the rain actually reactivates it to last longer. ive tried deer cane and had absolutely no luck with it. i live in massachusetts.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

i'm gonna try apple buck jam and see how it does up against the deer cane liquid. I just wanted to see which one people prefer the most but it looks like some people like buck jam and hate deer cane and some people like deer cane and hate buck jam
Old 07-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by H.L.H
i'm gonna try apple buck jam and see how it does up against the deer cane liquid. I just wanted to see which one people prefer the most but it looks like some people like buck jam and hate deer cane and some people like deer cane and hate buck jam
I like the deer cane powder.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Banned

never had luck with anything like this. good ol mineral licks and corn work for me.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

I've tried corn before but the crows eat it within a couple hours of putting it out. I know mineral blocks work if you can get deer to find them, but i'm just wanting something that will last and that deer are the only ones that like it. Trial and error i'll eventually find something. Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

I put out some of the original deer cane a few days ago in front of my trail camera and i'm gonna see how it does, but i've heard it takes a while before it works
Old 07-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Iowabucks44
I have used Deer Cane at a couple different trailcamera sites for the last 3 years. The deer love that stuff on that farm. I tried the Black Magic stuff on another farm and nothing touched it. I will keep on using the Deer Cane.

+1

They will dig a whole in the 1st 2 weeks out with Deer Cane, won't touch Black Magic.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I checked it the first week i put it out and nothing has touched it but it rained all week so i don't know if that effected it or not and i'm going to check it again in a few days.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are not allowed to bait in Indiana but I do use different things for my trailcams. I have used deer cocaine, buck jam, trophy rock, acorn rage, and a product called lucky buck. Here is how I would rate them.

1. Lucky Buck, by a long way. Deer dig for YEARS to get at it.

2. Trophy Rock. Lasts for a long time

3. Buck Jam. Deer seemed to like it and will still visit the area after it's gone.

4. Deer Cocaine. Not a bad product but my deer seemed to like the above mentioned products better.

5. Acorn Rage. Put it out once and after three weeks, it was still laying on the ground...rotting.

Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

i havnt put out my hommade gravity feeder out yet in our food plot but i was thinking that i would get some minerals and put it near the corn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.