Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Buck Jam vs Deer Cane

Old 07-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buck Jam vs Deer Cane

In your guys opinion what one sets up a better longer lasting mineral site that attracts deer and keeps them coming?
Old 07-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Both are purely hoo doo in my experience. Maybe they work somewhere but not my neck of the woods. The bears did like to carry my deer cane block around and hide it from me though.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Spike

Trophy Rock on an ole stump
Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Spike

I just put some deer cocaine out today on my uncle's farm. I put it on a draw that leads to the river bottom. There is corn on one side and pond on the other. A lot of good trails as well. I hope to get some good Indiana Farm bucks!!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck and tell me if the stuff does any good
Old 07-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by H.L.H
Good luck and tell me if the stuff does any good
I've used it in the past with outstanding results. Had deer paw and dig for it after it soaked in the soil. Had big holes that was a good 3 foot where the deer would just tear up the place licking it.

Another good product I've used in the past is Rack UP. This is better than Deer Cane.

Good luck.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Trace mineral salt mixed with Di-Cal is just as good and a lot cheaper to make a lick.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have used Deer Cane at a couple different trailcamera sites for the last 3 years. The deer love that stuff on that farm. I tried the Black Magic stuff on another farm and nothing touched it. I will keep on using the Deer Cane.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

They both work great!I put buck jam out last week on a stump on one of my mineral sites and they tore the site apart last week. I just put a camera out over the mineral site today with some gel deer cane so I will post the pics I get this weekend.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

I put some buck jam out in front of my trail camera once and nothing happened to it so i moved my trail camera(Big mistake)to a different location. after a few days it had snowed and i went back and looked at where i put the buck jam and there was tracks everywhere and the deer dug up the snow and started to dig a hole in the ground. But i haven't had much luck since. Just wanting to try something different

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.