Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What would you do ???

Old 06-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default What would you do ???

Here is a question for you guys.

If you knew a product could not do what the manufacturer/seller said it could do

would you work for that company,

would you take advertising dollars from that company

would you be a pro staff member for that company

would you write good things about what it did, even if you knew it did not do them.

would you tell other people that you had evidence the product could not do what the manufacturer said it coUld do.

would you just say nothing.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

As broke as I am right now, I would work for sentlock for enough money. Why don't you just say what you mean T.R.???
Old 06-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

1. because it could be any product, because I'm talking about a moral, ethical issue. And there are other products out there that we all know ar gimmicks. .

The fluff muffler (you screw it it) ouch

Turkey scent

any majic potion deer scent

doe in heat calls

8 foot goose decoys

2. because if I mention Scent Lok it will cause a big stink, and I am primarily wondering how people feel about (what appears to me as) a moral issue.

deer are color blind

cow elk use an estrs call to signal they are in heat

whitetail does use an estrus call to anounce teir rediness to breed

the "chuckle" is one duck calling to others to coem down and feed

turkeys 'drum" using their wings

whitetail does are influenced by the moon to come into estrus

I turn inot a werewolf during the full moon (actually it is a blood sucking vampire)

Last edited by trmichels; 06-28-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

In your list of observations there are some I agree with and some I do not agree with. Point is, everone feels different about what animals react to. Any given product may work or not work on a given day. Some products may never work but this is America and free enterprize still exist. Unless a company is just making outlandish statements, let them try to make a living. Same thing has always held true....Buyer Beware.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default lordy

They got baptist preacher's on this site too.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, I would not be pro any product if it did not work as it was advertised to be. I tried a blood tracker light a couple of years ago, several people on here discussed the product and it was generally agreed that it did not work as advertised. I sent it back and I do not say anything good about that product if the subject comes up.
I laugh when I hear the scent killer advertisement on TV that says "this product was tested at Rutgers? University on replicated human scent"? They couldn't find a single person that smelled like a human to test the stuff on?
I've never thought that Scent Lok worked as advertised, just doesn't make scense to me that it would. If they have independent testing using bloodhounds or other trained tracking dogs, and those test fool the dogs I might be interested. Testing would have to include used clothing also that had been reheated in a family type dryer that supposidly cleanses the built up scent in the clothing. Problem is I think a deer's nose may be better than a dogs, but I'm not sure about that.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

in response to your initial question. i probably would. it's advertising. even if a product doesn't work for you it may work for someone. take acorn rage, i've never had any success with it, but maybe i'm just an exception. if they offered me sponsorship, i'd be dumping the stuff all over the country. i'm young, and gullible though so call me what you will.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
No, I would not be pro any product if it did not work as it was advertised to be. I tried a blood tracker light a couple of years ago, several people on here discussed the product and it was generally agreed that it did not work as advertised. I sent it back and I do not say anything good about that product if the subject comes up.
I laugh when I hear the scent killer advertisement on TV that says "this product was tested at Rutgers? University on replicated human scent"? They couldn't find a single person that smelled like a human to test the stuff on?
I've never thought that Scent Lok worked as advertised, just doesn't make scense to me that it would. If they have independent testing using bloodhounds or other trained tracking dogs, and those test fool the dogs I might be interested. Testing would have to include used clothing also that had been reheated in a family type dryer that supposidly cleanses the built up scent in the clothing. Problem is I think a deer's nose may be better than a dogs, but I'm not sure about that.
I agree. I always try to play the wind accordingly. The funny thing is, you never see hunts that someone gets winded by a deer because they want the product to look perfect. Nothing is perfect in this world and life is way to short to try and sell a product that doesn't work. The economy is hard enough now, why sell a product that takes that hard earn money from someone. Makes no sense at all.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Spike

I've tried several products that did not perform as advertised. When friends get together we all share information be it good or bad. In reality nothing really works as advertised, but if it lives up to an acceptable degree for an individual that's what matters.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

seeing as the condition every one is in economically i wouldnt follow anything that was false and id tell people that it didnt work because its just not right IMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.