HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Let me get eveyones' opinion... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/324333-let-me-get-eveyones-opinion.html)

hunt12ga 06-09-2010 08:20 PM

Let me get eveyones' opinion...

What improvement or invention do you think has had the most impact on YOU since you've been hunting? Inline smokepoles? heavier-than-lead shot? camo patterns? scent control? rocket-speed bows? The list goes on.

Let me know what you think...

rw

VAhuntr 06-10-2010 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by hunt12ga (Post 3634823)
What improvement or invention do you think has had the most impact on YOU since you've been hunting? Inline smokepoles? heavier-than-lead shot? camo patterns? scent control? rocket-speed bows? The list goes on.

Let me know what you think...

rw

For me it would be the improvements to the climbing treestand such as those from Summit, Lone Wolf, & Treewalker. I started out and my friends used the old Baker Climbers. These were an accident waiting to happen. These newer stands, if used and maintained properly, are much safer, quieter, and lighter than earlier climbers.

GRIZZLYMAN 06-10-2010 10:14 AM

I'll agree with climbers and pop ups, but as an archery hunter the introduction of the compound bow has had the most impact for me. I started with a recurve as a kid in the '60's.

sproulman 06-11-2010 06:28 PM

i also would say climbing treestands

SWThomas 06-12-2010 01:14 AM

I know it has been around for a while but I would say ThermaCell has been the biggest thing to me.

timbercruiser 06-12-2010 07:16 PM

Probably not what you are after, but having two grandsons I have been able to hunt with for the last several years.

hunt12ga 06-13-2010 05:59 AM

That's a good one, 'cruiser! Not looking for anything in particular, just a boredom question.

For me, the biggest impact on my recent hunting years has been marrying my wife! Not only has that limited my hunting time (a little) but it got me into a family with access to some great hunting properties.

As far as hunting equipment itself, I think ammo inflation has had the biggest impact on me. I can't afford to plink like I used to with 'cheap' ammo. There isn't much of that to be found anymore!

rw

Mojotex 06-15-2010 04:14 PM

Wow ! I have thought a bunch on this ....

If I were pinned down and had to name one product that has made my hunting experience more successful and more enjoyable it would be something rather mundane .... excellent, light weight, wicking thermal underwear.

Daveboone 06-15-2010 04:52 PM

Improvements in fabrics for insulation and weatherproofing, and quality affordable scopes.

noidurism 06-16-2010 03:55 AM

time in the woods!:D