Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

treestand opinion

Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Spike

Default treestand opinion

Had this discussion at lunch the other day. What are your thoughts on a harness being supplied with every stand you buy? How many of you throw them away after you already have one? Would you like it if you had an option to buy with or without the harness, being that if you already have a harness why should you have to pay for another one.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find it stupid, but I think it's a requirement to be TMA certified...so they all obey...I assume that's the case anyway...
Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think treestand companies just includes those cheap tangled mess's to cover their azzs. Its just like those stupid trigger locks that come w/ every new gun you buy these days , no one wants em and no one uses em. You can get a nice, easy to use vest harness for 70$, cheapest life insurance you can buy.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't throw them away! offer them up to young hunters that can't afford much.
I'm sure there are plenty of people her that would like one and could use one.
That is what i have done with the ones i get.
I want everyone to hunt safe. there is no reason not to wear one .
I say lets stat a thread were If people want to donate thiers to someone who could use one then post it.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I like the old ways

http://www.ironworker.com/
Old 05-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

We use them on some of the permanent stands we have built and some of the ladder stands we have up. Any extra's are available to use at the barn to whoever needs them. The landowner loved the idea that every stand had a harness available. It made them feel a little bit more at ease. It is not a requirement that anyone uses it but if something happens then they can't come back to say the option wasn't there.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

we use the stair-way going up to the blind ...

Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default They have to include.....

Originally Posted by kole22
Had this discussion at lunch the other day. What are your thoughts on a harness being supplied with every stand you buy? How many of you throw them away after you already have one? Would you like it if you had an option to buy with or without the harness, being that if you already have a harness why should you have to pay for another one.
For the simple fact of defense against a law suit. PERIOD. Myself, I do not use them, I have a whole mound of them in my garage if anybody needs them. My reasons are my own, I don't suggest that anyone hunts w/o one, just my way.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Spike

I know why they supply them, Thats not the question. They supply them to cover their @#$. My premiss is it would be nice if we all praticed personal responsiblity so we didnt have to pay $20 extra for a stand. What next a cell phone for when we fall. I am just tired of paying for lawsuits every time I buy something........
Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kole22
I know why they supply them, Thats not the question. They supply them to cover their @#$. My premiss is it would be nice if we all praticed personal responsiblity so we didnt have to pay $20 extra for a stand. What next a cell phone for when we fall. I am just tired of paying for lawsuits every time I buy something........
gotta carry a cell phone...

only prob when there's no service...then maybe back to the ole walkie talkie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.