Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muck Woody Max

Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muck Woody Max

Over the years I have spent hundreds of dollars on hunting boots. Nothing has seemed to take care of everything or they failed soon after I bought them. I have been reading alot about the Muck Woody Max and they seem like they might fill the bill. Have any of you guys used them and what are your thoughts? Any advice, even on other boots, would be appreciated.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Spike

I got a pair last year. They aer waterproof and are holding up well. My toes got a little cold on extremely cold days. I really like Muck Boots.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I am a long time rubber boot wearer and have hunted and ice fished with LaCrosse for the past 20 years. A few years ago they moved the mfg to China and I noticed that the boots didn't hold up anywhere as long as when they were made in WI. I had a pair of alpha burleys that cracked at the ankle after 1 1/2 seasons of ice fishing. I sent them back with a letter saying how disappointed I was and they gave me a new pair which I thought was pretty good. The new pair lasted 1 season then cracked. In desperation I bought a pair of Cabelas rubber boots and they lasted 1 year then cracked. I sent them back to Cabelas after reading reviews on their site about others having the same problem and they gave me my money back. Last year I bought a pair of woody max and have been thrilled with them. They are very warm, offer great support for a rubber boot and are way easier to put on and take off. I got the same size as my shoe and only wear 1 pair of wool socks in them for hunting and ice fishing. They have a good tread system and by the way they are made shouldn't crack at the ankle since they are made heavier and more rigid in that area. The only draw back is price. they are about 50 bucks more than the LaCrosse but are certainly worth it.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-12-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...AL%3BIK-830122

Hope this helps.........................still works for me.

Last edited by Sheridan; 01-23-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Avoiding leather

Found out forty years ago you had to defeat the cold, the snow and the wetness, in cold wet weather.
If it had rubber on the bottom, were well insulated, and could keep the coldness out, reasonably, the boots were a candidate.

If they come up to my old Kaufman Sorels, they can fit the bill.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

I've used my regular Mucks for years hunting moose and caribou. Lots of walking and even some horse work. Good ankle fit and comfort. They're excellent and a lot lighter than my Alpha Burlys. I bought the Woody Maxs last spring for a grizzly hunt because they had a little more insulation. They also performed very well.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Spike

I have 5 pair and i guide in AL , so im always in thick, briar filled woods , walking in swampy areas to just working at the lodge. Best boot out i think.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Can't go wrong with the Muck Woody Max