Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Hunting products Made in USA Question >

Hunting products Made in USA Question

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting products Made in USA Question

Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Spike

Default Hunting products Made in USA Question

Here you go.. Say i was in the place were i could put americans back to work by designing and MFG a treestand 100% here. Let say it was the cat's meow, top notch. Granted, it would cost more being made in the USA. Would you buy it?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would definatly pay more for a higher quality product, but I would not buy an overpriced product simply to create employment for someone. Thats no different than obama spending future taxpayers money to "create" jobs. I believe timbertall treestands are made in USA, and I really think Im going to buy one in the next few weeks, but only because I like the weight and design and it gets good reviews. Its pretty reasonably priced too.The fact that its made in the USA is a plus.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Spike

I agree totally. I will say this from years of experience, not many product that are made here are over priced(excluding the auto industry or union plants). They cant be because so much of their competition is made else were. They are just trying to compete. We are just used to paying china prices. I saw a bicycle in academy the other day that cost $69.00. You cant even by the chain and bearings made here for that amount. THe big box stores have gotten us used to paying nothing for things. Granted most of it is our fault because we let them.
I will end with this little story. Quite a few years ago I was working a show and a (UAW) union guy was beating me up about the price of a stand we built. He said it was $40 more than one of our competitors(they had an office with 10 or so employees shipped container straight to box stores & never touched them). We had 75 to 100 employees, bought all material here and built them here. He didnt seem to care until I told him what "if i bought a KIA". Moral of the story is no seems to give a damn until it hits their wallet
Old 04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be buying two new treestands sometime between now and the middle of august. I am looking for ladder stands to be used for archery & rifle hunting.
Will you be offering ladder stands?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Spike

Hopefully later. The only ladderstands built here right now that i know of are Family Tradition. I heard the other day that he is getting pressured to move everything to china to.
His are higher priced but you guys have to know his material cost are more than the other guys built ,painted .and in a box shipped across the pond. Say he has 135.00 in just steel , that same price from china it would be completely done in a box at his dock. I feel for him.
You have poeple in that buisness who say they are treestand MFG and they dont or never have built the first one and probably would not even know were to start. They just tell the chi-coms what they want and they design and build it...
Old 04-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most Americans don't care and just want to pay the lowest price which means buying stuff made in Communist China.

I buy as much "made in America" stuff as I can. I often wonder if guys like me who support American made products didn't, probably nothing would still be made in America. I really think the only people who pay the extra $$ for American made products are people who want American made products, everyone else just buys the cheapest.

I notice a lot of those Chinese welds look like complete junk. I thought some of my treestands were manufactured in Wisconsin, I can't think of the name of them though.

It's almost a universal truth, the more you pay for something the nicer it is, period. I consider a deal something quality made at a fair price nowadays, not simply something that's cheap, any cheap treestand I've ever bought has been junk without exception, I've bought some very nice stands at good/fair prices but have never had a quality stand that was cheap.

Last edited by salukipv1; 04-28-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's almost a universal truth, the more you pay for something the nicer it is, period.
I gotta disagree with this statment. Although you will on average pay more for higher quality, paying more, does not always mean youre getting a better product. Some of the best guns I own like my stoeger 2000, and my savage muzzloader cost half what Ive paid for other guns, and are twice as nice. A bushnell elite, or sightron SII, are half what a leupold vx3 cost, and are just as nice if not better. some products cost more simply because of name recognition, and the advertising costs associated w/ certain brands. I think american manufacturers should focus more on competing w/ foreign manufacturers by making better products, not by marketing themselves as american made.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
I gotta disagree with this statment. Although you will on average pay more for higher quality, paying more, does not always mean youre getting a better product. Some of the best guns I own like my stoeger 2000, and my savage muzzloader cost half what Ive paid for other guns, and are twice as nice. A bushnell elite, or sightron SII, are half what a leupold vx3 cost, and are just as nice if not better. some products cost more simply because of name recognition, and the advertising costs associated w/ certain brands. I think american manufacturers should focus more on competing w/ foreign manufacturers by making better products, not by marketing themselves as american made.
I didn't mean simply paying more for something ensures it's of higher/the best quality, but rather a quality product won't be the cheapest product. Without exception this has been my experience. Sure you can name better deals/bargains than other overpriced items with less quality, but find me any product that's the cheapest/best? You won't find a Swarovski scope for $300, and probably for a reason...?

I don't have any experience with the new VX3, but I must say after owning other scopes etc...the VX-III really didn't impress me. The bushnell/sightron may be nice though I'm not disagreeing.

So ya, don't just spend more/the most and assume it's the best, gotta compare etc..., but anytime you buy the cheapest you're gonna get junk, at least with treestands, and most things most of the time.

Can we both be right? I think so. haha.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Spike

Poeple tend to buy whats advertized the most. That is just a fact. The other guys from china actually have more income to put into marketing. We dont have that luxery. The union have given all of american MFG a bad name. Everyone thinks that all theses companies are rollling in cash and paying their $25/ hr to sit on their a*& . 90% of us are just trying to make a living. We arent rich just trying to get ahead. I keep saying it no one cares until it hits their back pocket.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

I generally buy for quality and low price . I'm not going to "buy American" just so someone can make HIGH wages . I worked at a company for 35 years and there are too many lazy folks that want a fat paycheck but are too lazy to work for it !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.