Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Recommend A Quad

Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

yep hondas are pretty good my grand father has a 92 honda fourtrax the only thing he has ever had to do with it is give it an oil change it runs mint you cant kill them
Old 03-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Try the
"Honda Rancher"
or the
"Honda Foreman\
I haver ridden both before and i could not have a clean consience if i recomended any thing else!!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned a few...starting back around 1980...and they're all pretty good. I shy away from the Polaris name because they are murder to work on and I've had more problems with them.

The best bike I've ever owned is the one I currently own and that's a 2003 Bombardier Quest 650. They're not made anymore...but Can-Am who bought them is still making a good bike.

Ride a few and pick which one feels best.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ruger-Redhawk
Polaris is pretty much American made. I owned a Polaris once and will never own another one.Granted Honda is Japanese I think most of them are made in the states now.I went with a Honda this last time and don't have any regrets. I have the 06 TRX680 and the wife has a 06 350 Rancher ES with zero problems.
What happened with the Polaris? I don't know anyone who owns one, but I've read good reviews of their various quads.

Also; does anyone know anything about Arctic Cat's quads? Are they worth owning?

Last edited by Noršvegr; 04-07-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.howeandhowetechnologies.com/minirip.php if you have the money to blow on anything thats the Quad/ATV to get that thing is nasty. Hopefully after their initial run they come dwon in price considerably. I don't see anyone actually paying what they want for them.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Noršvegr
Also; does anyone know anything about Arctic Cat's quads? Are they worth owning?
I wouldn't buy one. I have a friend who has one and it is always in the shop and even he says it is a junk. There are much better machines out there for the money.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Spike

I have a 2004 Arctic Cat 650 and it is pretty good. The only thing I have to complain about is every couple years I have to replace the choke cables. But I have pulled a bunch of things with this quad making food plots and as far as trail riding, I can go pretty much anyhere I want. I have even driven it through a lake( I also have snorkels on it). I am actually waiting for the new 700 TBX to come in to my dealer so I can go buy it!!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

I would get one with a winch too, I have found the winch to be very useful.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think all the machines these days are pretty darn good. I have had Yamaha for 12 years (originally a '97 Kodiak 400 and just bought a 2009 Grizzly 550 EPS). I think they are the top of the line. If you compare specs overall I think they com out on top in most. I really like the new Grizzlies. Great looking, power steering, tight turn radius, awesome transmission, great clearance, and they ride great. My only real complaint is the racks are rather small (compared to my Kodiak) & sit tight to the body which makes carrying & bungying gear a bit tricky.

I would say figure out what you want/need (where you riding, what are you doing with it, engine size, etc.) and take a good look at alll models, and talk with sales folks and reps. Compare the key features, ride the few you narrow it down to, and make a decision after taking it all into account.