Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Wanting To Purchase A 2010 ATV >

Wanting To Purchase A 2010 ATV

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Wanting To Purchase A 2010 ATV

Old 02-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wanting To Purchase A 2010 ATV

Looking at 2010 ATVs, will be used for hunting, snowplowing and taking my kids for rides. I had years ago a 1996 Polaris 450 Magnum brought it brand new, but sold it just didn't have time to ride.

Now I'm looking at a few 2010 ATVs in 500/800 cc range: CamAm (super expensive) Polaris ( I hear not as good as they where) and the Susuki Brute Force 750, my friend who is up on ATVs told me the Susuki Brute Force 750 is the bike to go with.

What do you ride or thinking of buying?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kawasaki brute force do you mean? or is their motor built by suzuki?

the kawasaki and the can am are v-twins, the polaris I think makes a inline 2 cylinder.

I certainly like the idea of 2 cylinders instead of 1 big one.

I think a smaller can am puts out more power than a bigger other guy version...so perhaps.

I'd certainly want fuel injection...

hard to say...i think I'd be looking at the can am, kawasaki, suzuki...
Old 02-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry the Brute Force is Kawasaki....sorry my Japaness isn't so good, LOL
Old 02-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Spike

Honda Foreman with power steering. Ihave an '08 and it is a Hoss!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Looking at 2010 ATVs, will be used for hunting, snowplowing and taking my kids for rides. I had years ago a 1996 Polaris 450 Magnum brought it brand new, but sold it just didn't have time to ride.

Now I'm looking at a few 2010 ATVs in 500/800 cc range: CamAm (super expensive) Polaris ( I hear not as good as they where) and the Susuki Brute Force 750, my friend who is up on ATVs told me the Susuki Brute Force 750 is the bike to go with.

What do you ride or thinking of buying?
IMO Polaris is better than ever. That is based on the 2005 Sportsman 700EFI I ride and guys I ride with. I plow plenty of snow with it, trail ride, drag trees, etc.

I have ridden most of the machines with power steering. I DO NOT like how they make the steering twitchy/touchy. The only way I would consider PS is if I was going to be doing mostly slow riding in real tight trails.

The Suzuki King Quad is a power house for sure. That and the Kawasaki are the drag racers for sure but I don't think you are looking for that.

I think that the Polaris all wheel drive system is unbeatable. There are no levers or BS to mess with or fumble while you are in doo-doo or trying to get over something. Either thumb it on or stay in 2WD.

As far as reliability you can't go too wrong with any of the big players. Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda or Polaris. I have no real opinions on the Can Ams and wouldn't be caught dead on an Artic Cat.

But I have to uge you to seriously consider looking at the masses of used ATVs out there. TONS AND TONS of stuff barely used. Their loss can be your gain. Basically all the warranties are only 12 months so personally I don't find that much to consider. Yamaha's is only 6 months but the last 2005 Yamaha I had I never had a single issue with it and that is pretty common.

One more consideration is the snowplowing. I have the Polaris Glacier system w/ 60" blade. I've never seen a stronger, more well thought out and engineered mounting system and the blade goes on/off w/ no tools. On most others you have to lay down and put pins thru the frame underneath to attach/detach the plow and the pins fall out ALOT like on the Warn system my Yamaha had. Wound up using SS shoulder bolts and nylon insert lock nuts which made you lay down there even for fumbling with wrenches.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a 1997 Polaris Sportsman 500 I bought new.There was always something wrong with it. Then try calling Polaris's customer Service.You get better answers talking to the wall.All the woman knew to tell me was take it to your dealer.In 2006 I bought a brand New Honda TRX 680 and the wife a 06 350 Rancher ES. No problem with either. Once my 680 when I was hunting the front brakes got jammed pack with Red Alabama mud.Once that was taking care it's been fine.

I'm not bashing Polaris I used to praise them until my dealing with their customer service and allot of things that went wrong with it. I sold it in 2006 and it had less then 300 hrs on it.The first year in was in the shop as much as it was out.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtEW9...eature=related

I don't know of any ATVs other than Polaris that put power to the front wheel that can make use of traction the most. The others just send power to the front and whatever spins the easiest spins first. Of course on some models you can pull push another button, switch another switch, pull another lever to get some kind of "locker effect on the front.

With Polaris you just thumb the switch. 2WD or AWD.

And Polaris' low gear can't be described. It has to be experienced. The Polaris auto descent control is sweet in either high or low. It will actually bring you to a stop if you wish on downhills without touchng a brake.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's some more good info and an explaination of ADC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3yfPVT5nSI

My 2005 does not have the 4X4 & 4X4ADC positions - just 4X4.

The tire situation is more important than this guy explains. Obviously all of the manufacturers design their suspensions with the machine's unsprung weight being an important factor.

So when the cheap factory tires need replacing and you move up to a tire with more plies and some stiffness you add weight to the suspension it doesn't have figured in the design.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

This isn't local to you BHCop, but this is a really good deal. This is NEW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...item2a053f6449

And of course the deals are out there regardless of the make.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by tcicon
Honda Foreman with power steering. Ihave an '08 and it is a Hoss!
10-4, good buddy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.