HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Rocky Stalker boots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/317172-rocky-stalker-boots.html)

Sniper151 02-11-2010 01:46 PM

Rocky Stalker boots

Are you looking for a quality felt pac boot? DON'T BUY ROCKY!!! Two years ago I purchase a pair of Rocky Stalker boots at a local sports shop for a scheduled hunt in Colorado. They looked great. Aggressive tread pattern, rubber bottoms with leather uppers and heavy felt liners. I had not owned Rocky before, but they looked like a quality boot and for $175 bucks, they should last. I have a pair of Sorrell's that are 20 years old, and other than the treads getting worn, replacing boot strings and a pair of liners, they are still serviceable. Today I went out to clear some of the snow we received on the East Coast yesterday. I walked out to my garage and fired up the blower. After a few passes I noted a piece of green rubber laying in the path I just cleared. I didn't think much of it until I noticed another. This was the whole toe section of the Rocky Stalker boot. After about 10 minutes I had to retreat to the house and exchange the Rocky's for my Danner's because the only parts left on the Stalkers was the leather uppers, the front part of the soles and the felt liners. What the *)(#. After I finished clearing snow I drove to the place of purchase and the sales person stated, "yea, Rocky has problems with this style boot and they will not honor any complaints after the 1 year warranty." THEN WHY SELL THE JUNK!!! Rocky is generous enough to offer a 1 year warranty on their junk. I wonder why only 1 year??? This outfit can keep their Chinese junk. :devil:

Valentine 02-11-2010 03:03 PM

If they're as bad as five years ago

according to complaints then, how do they survive so long?

I had a good pair once. But they wore out some ten years ago.

Ed McDonald 02-11-2010 03:25 PM

I have a pair of Rocky work boots . They are comfortable and water-proof .
I was looking at some Rocky hunting boots in D!cks Sporting Goods Store yesterday . They were manufactured in the Dominican Republic .

Sniper151 02-11-2010 04:10 PM

Their leather and fabric work boots may be the cats meow. As I stated, it's their inferior felt paks with the rubber construction that is sub par.

mnprohunter 02-11-2010 05:02 PM

Im not really happy with my Rocky's either. It'll be Cabelas, Irish Setter, or Lacrosse next time...we'll see.

falcon 02-11-2010 05:20 PM

THEN WHY SELL THE JUNK!!! Rocky is generous enough to offer a 1 year warranty on their junk. I wonder why only 1 year??? This outfit can keep their Chinese junk.
The same thing happened to my 2 year old Rocky insulated hunting boots. The crap that bonds the uppers to the soles just rotted to dust. I paid as much for those cheap Chinese made boots as a good pair of US made boots used to cost.

Since no one makes hunting boots in the US anymore, I bought a nice pair of German made Meindl hunting boots with my Cabela's points.

VAhuntr 02-11-2010 06:18 PM

I bought a pair of Rocky Bear or Deer Stalkers a few years back. They are warm, waterproof and very comfortable. However chunks of rubber the size of quarters began coming off the boots last year. I called Rocky to complain but was told those boots were no longer made. They did send me a new pair of soles that I could have put on my boots.

Sheridan 02-11-2010 07:27 PM

If you use Cabela's all the time, they will replace anything ( for any reason) !

If you disagree, go back to the original statement and start over !!!

Although, this looks like a hell of a deal !

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...?a=325326&pn=1

jaywalker 02-12-2010 12:51 PM

I agree, Rocky's don't last very long!!!

Sniper151 02-12-2010 02:59 PM

I sent a nasty gram to Rocky yesterday and had a response to call their customer service, toll free number. I spoke to a real nice lady and explained the problem. She said "we did have a problem with earlier models. Early models, three years ago??? If they were not in an area where they could get ample ventilation, the rubber would dry out and crack." I then asked why they continued to sell a product that was defective? No answer from the rep. What that tells me is they don't care. Rocky has your money and you have some scrap rubber.