Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

best climber???

Old 02-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

Default best climber???

i am looking to buy a climber want some ideas
Old 02-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 78camaro
i am looking to buy a climber want some ideas

Do you want a climber with an open front, do you want to use the sit & climb method for climbing, or do you want a stand that has a lot of room?

My personal stand is a Summit Viper. For me it combines the best blend of safety, comfort, and ease of use. I have owned API's, Lone Wolf's, and others that I can't recall and have found I like Summit the best.

If I was forced to replace my Summit today I would consider another Summit, Treewalker, and the Gunslinger. The Lone Wolf stands are quality stands but they are too small for me to be comfortable in.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Spike

x2 for the viper. Very comfortable stand
Old 02-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

The viper classic is what i have, they sell pretty cheap now that summit has the viper ss out
Old 02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Spike

Default 180

I have a Summit 180 and love it. It is light and you can sit facing the tree or convert the seat and sit with your back to the tree.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default which climber

i dont know any of other stands but a SUMMIT.i am 6/1 210 pds
i bought 180 max.why, its bigger than viper, i like room.
top section you can wear your heavy clothes,viper is tighter.
you can face tree.

best advice is go try the stands if you can before buying at show or store........

but you cant go wrong with viper,180 max, goliath,titan.

only difference is room which adds a little weight but in my book, COMFORT IS NO. 1........
Old 02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Chester Co. Deer Hunter
I have a Summit 180 and love it. It is light and you can sit facing the tree or convert the seat and sit with your back to the tree.
i second that.facing tree is unreal on comfort.it gives you a rest, it hides you and more foot area to stand up to take shot with bow.i dont like stirrups in the way on floor hitting my feet.i am trying to find way i can turn them outward..........

but i pick at everything.you should see things i did to the 180 max already.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Im 6'1 and 225 and have room in the viper classic but ive seen that 180 and the goliath and theyre big enough to fit two of me. You guys are right though comfort is everything, like most men with manual labor jobs if i set still to long i get stove up especially in the cold so a comfortable seat and room to stand and stretch is a must.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by podunk kennels
Im 6'1 and 225 and have room in the viper classic but ive seen that 180 and the goliath and theyre big enough to fit two of me. You guys are right though comfort is everything, like most men with manual labor jobs if i set still to long i get stove up especially in the cold so a comfortable seat and room to stand and stretch is a must.
if you wear heavy clothes in winter, the viper ss seat was tight for me.180 max /goliath/titan i believe are about 2 inchs wider on seat frame.like 19.75 vrs 21.75.

my waist is 38 but with heavy clothes on its was tight in my viper ss.then sometimes i use sleeping bag while sitting in seat.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I hunt in florida so I dont have to wear that heavy of clothing but you are right they are definitely bigger. Im all about being economical though and the classic sells around $150 or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.