Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Remington offers lifetime warranty?! SURE! Until you want a replacement! >

Remington offers lifetime warranty?! SURE! Until you want a replacement!

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Remington offers lifetime warranty?! SURE! Until you want a replacement!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default warranty

Now, I don't own any Remington products. But warranties are normally a protection against defects NOT against a product "wearing out". The warranty statement needs to be read and see if it says... unlimited, nor normal wear and tear not covered... or specific issues covered... something like that... But I have never seen a warranty cover when something just "wears out".
Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PAphoto
Has anyone bought a Remington product with a LIFETIME WARRANTY and when it wore out tried to return it only to be told - "we don't make that style anymore"?!
PaPhoto.... this is right off the Remington website. Normal wear and tear not covered.

What is not covered by this warranty?
We will not cover damage of your firearm caused by:
  • Failure to provide proper care and maintenance
  • Accidents, abuse or misuse
  • Barrel obstruction
  • Hand loaded, reloaded or improper ammunition
  • Unauthorized adjustments, repairs or modifications
  • Normal wear and tear
I can understand if there were issues with the product... but just wanting a new one cause it wore out... well there wouldnt be a business still open if they just gave you a new one when the product wore out.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Spike

Default Remington warranty

Flippinstk - The returned product was NOT a firearm it was an article of clothing with a full lifetime warranty that stated exactly how to return it if and when it wore out. I returned it with all packaging, receipts ,etc. and was told in a letter from Fox river mills that "we can't send you a replacement because we don't make that style anymore" though they did say "we manufacture 12 OTHER styles of that product"!!

Remington returned my next letter stating "we can't send you a replacement because we don't manufacture that product and we are no longer doing business with Fox river"!!!

This lifetime warranty program was probably a short term Walmart promotion but I don't care if the warranted product is a gun or a glove - the company better stand behind it!

Last edited by PAphoto; 03-20-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a remington 1100 classic trap, after 3 years the vent rib seperated from the barrel. I called remington and they told me I would have to buy a new barrel. They wouldn't fix it or even offer me a new barrel at a reduced price. Took the barrel to the place I bought the gun and he got me a barrel at his cost, told me
remington has the worse customer service in the bussiness, my next trap gun will be a browning or a berreta.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

remiington isnt even in the running for me.sold my last one but still have my old savages
Old 06-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a new 700 stainless synthetic DBM 270 Winchester. When I fired it at the range, my brass came out looking like a corkscrew.The chambering tool was chipped. I called Remington, and they told me that the warranty was expired on it. NIB, never fired? Remington will never pass through my doors again. Their warranty program totally sucks. I have called Weatherby with problems on 30 year old rifles, and the parts are in the mail, free of charge. Same with Ruger. Guess who gets my business.

Last edited by redgreen; 06-20-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

This is a little different but still a Remington product... I have had more problems with their ammo misfiring or not firing than any other I have tried. I have used Remington ammo in many of my firearms at one time or another so it isn't just the firearm. I have no faith in their products and will not buy anything else from them.

I do however have a Remington 5 mm from the 70's and now that Aguila makes the ammo for it again I have come to love the gun for predator, varmints and anything at a distance in need of killing. It is the best Remington rifle I have ever owned. It makes sense they discontinued making it and the ammo for it, people would start expecting more out of their other products.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PAphoto
Has anyone bought a Remington product with a LIFETIME WARRANTY and when it wore out tried to return it only to be told - "we don't make that style anymore"?!
Paphoto 3 post-all bashing Remington
win.1895 2 post- both bashing Remington

I hope you guys joined for something other than being Remington bashers.

I have personally owned in the teens of Remington Rifles. I have never had a problem with even one.

I have shot thousands of rounds of Remington ammo, never a problem.

I have owned a ton of other Remington products with no complaints.

Just saying.....
Old 07-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

dont beat me but i just bought another remington.i;ll eat my words above.but its a sweet 721.