Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Primos buck roar....

Old 12-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Tried most of them on the market, and in my opinion it is the best one.I carry it every time I go in the woods.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

I love my primos buck roar. I think it sounds very realistic , and the snort wheeze will bring those rut crazed bucks in.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Primos Buck Roar, I have called in many deer with it.

I would definately recommend you get this call.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

For an earlier poster speaking about the call freezing up. I have never had my call freeze up and I use it in very cold weather at times. If the call ever sounds different to me, (maybe through built up moisture on the reed and inside the tube) I will blow from the opposite end of the call to force out the excess moisture. (That should work for very cold situations if it freezes as well)
Old 12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

I learned to make grunt calls with my mouth and they sound extremely close to the real deal. I've called in so many bucks already by doing so. In fact if the buck wasn't trailing a doe it came in every time. I can do every call that a buck makes with my mouth including the roar. And like a previous poster I had the buck roar back. It was pretty crazy!!!
The cool thing is its fairly easy to learn how to do this call with your mouth and its much nicer drawing your bow with out a grunt call in your hand. haha
Old 12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been there done that. The thing you cant get from a human voice that you can from a call is the volume. (For me atleast)
Old 12-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Spike

I love the Buck Roar!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

I have been using the the buck roar since september and while I have not had any success with it yet, I do intend to keep using it. I had an 8pt work a ground scrape 50 yards in front of me the last day of archery and then walked away from me, I hit the grunt call once but he was on a mission and never looked back, I have no evidence that the call does or doesnt work but I will give it atleast another season.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try the snort wheeze. Western PA, October 18th, I had an 8 point buck walk parallel with me at about 50 yards. Not wanting to spook him so close, I let him walk into the cornfield he was heading to. He had to cross a grass opening to get to the cornfield. When he did, he was out at around 120 yards. I snort wheezed one time, he turned and looked in my direction, then JOGGED to 20 yards from my stand. I decided not to shoot because he wasnt quite as big as I wanted him to be and he continued on his path back behind my stand and on his merry way. I could just barely see him with the light fading so quickly and he was now 80 yards behind my stand. Just for giggles, I grunted twice. Within two minutes he was back under my stand at less than 15 yards. This time he checked the area hard, and then continued on his way back into the cornfield.

That was just one encounter I've had with the call.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:29 AM
PHA
Fork Horn

I really like the Buck Roar. First time I used it, I called in a decent 9 point with the snort wheeze and grunts. Unlike using just grunts, this buck came crashing in on a dead run when he heard the snort wheeze.

I have had trouble with it freezing up in cold weather but other than I like it a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.